ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that after an unacceptable, excruciating delay from the machine shop that manufactures our Aluminum Shifter Bushings, they are now back on our shelves and shipping again. :fp:
http://5xracing.com/i-8112553-5x-racing-mazda-miata-aluminum-shifter-bushing.html

Also, we did make one change to the way offer these bushings. Due to the USPS continuously (and stupidly) putting our envelopes through the letter machine therefore destroying the envelopes and bushings, we are no longer offering the "Free Regular Mail" option because we ended up having to eat the cost of several orders and ship our customers new bushings because of the post office's carelessness. SO, what we did was add in a $5 Handling fee to every bushing order so we can use USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes to ship the bushings, which eliminates the risk of the package being destroyed AND it will get to you anywhere from 1-5 days, anywhere in the US. We did this because as customers of the web ourselves, we hate paying UPS shipping costs on stuff we know can be put in an envelope and mailed for less then $2, so we feel that you're getting your moneys worth paying $5 for Priority Mail that will get to you safely in less than a week. Sorry for jacking the costs, but we got tired of having to ship out replacement bushings, especially when our customers were patiently waiting for them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How can I differentiate 6 speed gearbox models without the advantage of a chassis code ?

Back story, installed a 6 speed into a NA6, yet no idea of the chassis it came out of, and the wreckers/breakers in their process of cleaning it up, killed the writing on the sticker.
I don't know what car it specifically came out of, nor the chassis code !

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can I differentiate 6 speed gearbox models without the advantage of a chassis code ?

Back story, installed a 6 speed into a NA6, yet no idea of the chassis it came out of, and the wreckers/breakers in their process of cleaning it up, killed the writing on the sticker.
I don't know what car it specifically came out of, nor the chassis code !
I think the best thing to do would be to pull out the shifter and see if it has the plastic donut on the bottom. If it does, order one of the bushings and try it out. If it doesn't work, send it back and we'll refund you. We're pretty easy going with these bushings, all shifters are just a little bit different and we make sure they are all within tolerance here at our shop before we send them out by test fitting them on a shifter we have, so if our bushing fits too tight or loose on your car we'll exchange it for another one no questions asked.

Hope that helps.
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts