ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just finished editing a video from all our "lost footage" from like '08-'10. I just wanted to share it with you guys...I dunno if any of you skateboard, but I used to back in my high school/early college days. Had a lot of good times back then. Anyways, some of it sucks and some of it kicks ass....it was more or less for reminiscing about the old days of skating and fuggin' around. Lemme know what you think.

Mods, if it's in the wrong spot lemme know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2VojYMqfC8&feature=g-upl&context=G2194271AUAAAAAAAAAA

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
That was cool

·
Registered
773 Posts
I used to skate everyday back in highschool. Mainly sophomore-senior year. That whole group of kids that I would street/park skate with was fun as hell. As you got older, people would just have less and less time to just chill and skate. I miss those days. Only the ones that really had a chance to make something of it stuck with. Every once in a while, I'll bump into some kids that I knew through skating and ask if they still keep with it. Most people simply moved on. Its still one of my favorite "sports", if you will. I need to go step on a board again.... damn.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I skated for about 10 years. Loved every minute of it, and ended up being quite damn good at it. I always wonder if I had kept at it, would I get some sort of sponsorship. Even just a local shop sponsorship. As with my friends that I skated with, many just simply grew out of it as we got older. I know of 1 guy that I skated with who has since been sponsored by City Stars skateboards (Old school company that has been recently revived by Kareem Campbell), and Adio Shoes.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah man, I really do miss it as well. Used to be a huge part of my life too. After high school though, real life goes and kicks you in the ass and you don't have too much time for it anymore. I went out and tried this summer (in the 105 degree temps) and almost died lol. I don't know how I used to be able to suffer through it.

Fun fact, I got my username from the Phantom trucks I used to ride, they were my first pair on my very first deck lol. I've had this name since the 8th grade :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I used to skate all day everyday back in middle school/ first two years of high school. then it was like everybody got jobs, were too busy getting trashed, or both.

I went out and tried this summer (in the 105 degree temps) and almost died lol. I don't know how I used to be able to suffer through it.
yeah i tried to get back into last summer and i thought i was gonna die. haha. i don't understand how i used to skate to spots all the time before i had a car and now by the time i finish a game of skate i need a break. haha.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Haha word. I had 1 set of Phantom's way way back on one of my first boards. Didn't like them though, too heavy for my taste. I always rode on Venture's, as they were light and held up real well for me. Can't go wrong with Royal's either.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Lets play, "What was your favorite setup that you've had?" Im talkin deck, trucks, wheels, and shoes. Post the setup that you actual had that was your favorite.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Must say I do miss the shred days...been thinking about buying a new complete recently to mess around on.

Pretty funny though how many people who use to shred, later move onto cars. Theres usually atleast one person at every meet cruising around on a board

but one of my fave setups was something like this...
Enjoi Pig/Royals/Bones Reds/STFs/ Vans Eras

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
My favorite setup would have to of been Chocolate or Expedition One/ Venture Trucks/ Autobahn Wheels/ Lakai Shoes. I wore absolutely nothing but Lakai's. They were my all time fav shoe company back then.

·
Registered
61 Posts
damn im scared to try to kick flip or ollie now. i like bombing hills but now im more cautious, sometimes i ask myself wtf back then i used to go faster now im all scared lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mine would have to be black label or santa Cruz deck With independent trucks, Plan b wheels and some bone swiss ceramic bearings.

·
~Foo's Best Friend~
517 Posts
mini logo k12. krux trux (light as fuckkk). ricta 54's. bones ceramics.
and circa faithful lol

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
My favorite setup is a 8.25 Real, Indy 149's, 54 Bones STF's, Reds, and Chukka lows. I'm skating a Slave 8.25 right now and it's pretty nice.

Me and my buddies have a blog for our "crew." Here's the most recent montage. The link is in my sig under other stuff. I'm pissed cuz they finally put the mini together after I left pittsburgh :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
F*ck yeah! Nice videos. brought back alot of memories. I really miss those days. I started skating when I was 10 and rode strong for 17 years. I just recently gave my mini away to some kids down the street. Still have my board and I still consider myself a skater even though I havent rode in about 4 years. My girl even bought me a vintage VISION Psycho Stick for Xmas. I used to drool over that board in the back of Thrasher magazines when I was too young and broke to buy it myself. 21 years later, I finally got it and it hangs on the wall in my man cave. I cant really say what my favorite set up was over the years but I can tell you my most memorable. It was my first brand new complete. New Deal Siamese Dream Deck, Gullwing trucks, Powell Crossbones Wheels with German Bearings. Now all I do is snowboard to keep the dream alive.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts