ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy and install a wireless backup camera system in my Miata, a 2012 PRHT.
But I am unsure about how the camera cable should be routed to get from the camera (outside the car) to the transmitter, which I think is to be placed inside the trunk.
If anyone has done this, how have you prevented any water leaks at the location where the cable must pierce the body panel(s)?
Can anyone provide info about this, preferably with pictures?
Thanks in advance,
Ron Kaplan

·
Registered
48 Posts
You could skip the hole behind the plate, and drill a hole straight up near the license plate lamps.

Then, route your cable along with the third brake light wires, feed it back to the hinge, and hide it behind the metal panel between the fuel filler and the trunk - a great way to keep it safe from cargo and unseen.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
Do you wear Micheal Keaton's Batman costume while driving?
I see why this would make sense on a bus or some other absurdly large vehicle, but why would you ever need one for a small convertible?

·
Registered
48 Posts
HA!

This made me laugh at loud... at work..

I had a mental image of some dude wearing the "Bat-Nips" costume.

In all seriousness - I agree - the backup camera is... unneeded.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
I said and thought the same thing when I saw that the PO installed one on my NC. After a few times using it, I love this thing. It has a wide angle lens on it which makes backing out of parking spaces in a parking lot so much nicer. I can see cars that are normally blocked out of view when a bigger car is parked next to me.

Back to OP's mounting question. This is what the PO did:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts