ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in a bind here. I'm ready to buy some wheels for my new 03'. Only bad thing is that i cant seem decide what it is im looking for.

The things that are limiting me to making a selection are:

The car is silver with the factory Mazda body Kit.
It has a blue soft top.
I don't want a wheel thats to "old school" in style.
(looking around $1K-$1500 for wheels) or cheaper.
Having trouble deciding on wheel color if any considering the top is blue. :-/
I'd like something with a lip but its not nessesary.

I've considered SSR Comps, FN01R-C, Work Emotions, Advan RG's, and several others. I've looked at wheel pictures threads, but still can't figure it out.

What would you guys do?

·
Registered
402 Posts
You have to stay low-key with the blue top. I would say that SSRs, FN01s, and Work wheels are all way too flashy. Consider a set of 6ULs in Silver, or mabye even just a simple set of Heliums.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
i recommend anthracite SSR type C with polished lips.

if too flashy, though not sure why, the oz superleggeras would be nice. a nice BBS also in that price range.

·
Registered
592 Posts
What Kung Fu Jesus said.

JuJitsu Mohammad

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I LOVE the SSR Type C wheel. to bad it has a crappy offset. :-/ did a photoshop with black wheels (minus the blue top) and it looked pretty damn sharp. Deffinitly looking out for other 6 spoke wheel options in black or dark gunmetal and a slightly lower offset(+32-->+35 on a 16x7 or 16x8). So far the FN01RC's are the top choice, but they are heavy and played out among the tuner crowd.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I searched but couldn't find a picture. But I think Volk sells a dark blue ce28 rim that matches your soft top.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
bronze FN01RC's would look great on the silver with blue top, but only if you went with a med-low offset with the dished spokes. I dont know if thats possible but those wheels just dont look right unless theyre staggered offset or low offset.

They may be played out...on a 240. how often do you ever see them on a miata?

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bronze FN01RC's would look great on the silver with blue top, but only if you went with a med-low offset with the dished spokes. I dont know if thats possible but those wheels just dont look right unless theyre staggered offset or low offset.

They may be played out...on a 240. how often do you ever see them on a miata?
the low or staggered offsets only come in 17"+ wheel sizes. im trying to keep it at 16" so i can just switch my tires over from my factory rims for now.

Nick- I know Volk makes those CE28's in a Dark blue, but they are ugly as hell. good looking out though! still searching.

Thanks for the opinions guys!

·
Registered
592 Posts
SSRs come in +35 offset. The anthracite w/silver is my favorite color combo. The blue TE37s are forged magnesium and very $$$$. Go with some TE37s and have them posdercoated whatever color you want, and no bling-y stickers to attract theives.
Chris

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think Mg Blue CE's would look sick on silver with a blue top. It would also be very original since most cars don't have the option to match the top to the wheels. I've seen them on a silver EVO with blue interior and it looked very nice.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
^^People that get the TE-37's usually get them because they are light, not for "cool factor". With that said, with your silver color and blue top, I say BBS LMs or ANY of the BBS mesh designs, classy, yet sporty.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
enkei rpf1 mounted with some sticky wide rubber............looks very serious, clean, and asks for respect :)...............plus the bonus side is that it's cheaper than the ssr, volks, etc.

...................or just go all out crazy, and do the te37 in blue :twisted:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts