ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I am trying to find a good flowing exhaust for my limited spending range. Around 200 plus would be good. Thanks.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Cut your muffler off.
Pocket 200 bucks.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Cut your muffler off.
Pocket 200 bucks.
Thats what I did to mine.

Went to a local muffler shop and did a muffler delete, had them weld in a straight pipe axleback with SS chrome turn down tip. Sounds like a boss, since the exhaust flow is directed towards the ground, deep throaty exhaust note in the low to mid RPMs with a constant burble/womp womp womp resonance constantly present.

OP, if your budget is $200 and you want a full catback exhaust, I suggest you save some more money. If your down with a muffler delete and blasting some ear drums, follow suit.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Do not cut your muffler off. So many terrible ideas in this thread.

If you want a deal on an exhaust just wait for a used one to go on sell. That's what I did. Or save a few hundred more and buy something like the Enthuza budget racer. The non resonated is a bit cheaper but I would highly suggest getting the resonated version.

Otherwise just stick with stock. Quiet may be boring, but it's a lot better than terrible noise and drone.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
I don't see anything thing wrong with cutting off your muffler and removing the cat.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Hey guys lets all do really jenky mods to our cars because we're too impatient to save.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
You'll lose weight by cutting the muffler off.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Take all the body panels off too if you wanna lose weight.

Save your money for the Enthuza Budget Racer.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Take your engine out too.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Don't see a lot of people wanting to bang exhaust for a buck... but then again people have made it rich of worse ideas...

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
EBay longtube: -$100
Maganflow 2.25" resonator/glasspack: -$30
Install header yourself: free
Go to exhaust shop...
-get cat cut out
--sell it: +$85
-get a 2.25" exhaust made from the header back with glasspack in place of muffler: -$150ish

Loud, no rasp, LOUD, maximum power oh and really fucking loud. But I love mine......and you'll have $5 left over for some fast food

·
Registered
126 Posts
Make your own using 2.5 inch piping, and if turbo go 3 inch. I made my 3 inch from turbo back for about 150. There is a magnaflow resonator, the rest is straight 3"

·
Registered
760 Posts
Safe more money and get a proper exhaust. the corksport isn't that expensive and well build. or you go with the RacingBeat not as loud and so damn good quality, i took mine off after almost 2 years and it looked almost as new, no rust (nowhere!!!) and still polished. now i have the corksport and it sound incredible and it is pretty well build, the welds don't look as good as the racingbeat ones, but it sounds much better and looks a lot better imo.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts