ClubRoadster.net banner

BBS caps question (14" vs 15")

11K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  KeeperNC 
A Google search led me to this thread today (was searching for E30 and BBS cap fitment - there's a local Bimmer owner trying to buy my spare caps). This is an OLD, dormant thread - but just in case anyone else stumbles across it like I did:

- YES, the centercaps from Mazda's 14" and 15" OEM BBS Miata wheels are interchangeable.

How do I know? I own both (using the 14s as my winter wheel, 15s for summer), and I use one set of caps on both.

- And YES, the centercaps (not the wheels, just the caps) from Mazda's RX-7 BBS will fit on OEM Miata BBS wheels.

How do I know? Again, I own both. Perfect, snug fit. In fact, the part #s stamped on the inside are identical.

Hope this insight helps someone down the road! :icon_cheers:

Thanks, spitefulcheerio - I've had 900+ posts on miata.net over the past two years, so I must've burned through all my dumb posts there. ;) My 91BRG has zero mods, thus the ratio of posts there vs. here.

And to add a bit of detail about my original Google search, I'm not 100% certain, but it looks like the E30 caps are not interchangeable with ours. They appear to be the same size and pattern, but the locking mechanism is different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.