ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted in this before, picked up a 1990 B package a few weeks ago and want to do an ITB build in it. thought a BEAMS would be a fun swap as i can run the same throttle bodies that would go on a 1.6/1.8. and suggestions on parts/work that i would need to do?

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
a friend created the "optimal" BEAMs setup for the e8 corolla chassis. he's running toyota irtb's and standalone management in the cars he's put it in. first, it's a relatively tall engine requiring spacing to the support, probably the steering rack mounts to make everything play nice dimensionally unless you're into hood cutting. he's got a lot of time and effort put into developing and refining his approach, and this is toyota>toyota stuff.

you have the time, money and skill to do the same for a mazda chassis? if you do, don't by shy and don't wait for other people's interest or approval to get started. buy the motorset. start rough, fail enough to get you to the brink of success, then fail some more. when you've gone through that and you have an answer for every foreseeable engineering challenge you'll face, and you can translate those answers from ideas to drawings to finished product you'd feel good about "signing" and selling with your reputation on the line, you'll probably be in a place to know what you need and how to get there.

good place to start, speaking from the perspective of someone who was doing an uncharted territory swap, is the drivetrain you want to use and the car you want to put it in. once you have that, it's time to start measuring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information, i was just wondering if there was some info on the swap, as ive seen pics of it done before.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a friend who is just finishing up the swap.

unless you're planning for a long project or dead set on this i'd look elsewhere

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you are wanting to do the swap for displacement purposes, have you considered the Acura TSX 2.2L 4cyl? There is a swap kit for that one and it is ~215hp NA if I recall correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts