ClubRoadster.net banner

181 - 200 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Beck, great stuff as usual. This car is a huge inspiration. That shot of you with the RS is amazing. It's so cool to see you and ocean in the videos from last year hanging with the gt3s almost everywhere. Thank you for documenting this car so well so we can all enjoy. Btw, what coilovers are you running. Sorry if I missed it but I saw a pic on chikaras Facebook and did not recognize them.
Cheers, Joey

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
...Btw, what coilovers are you running. Sorry if I missed it but I saw a pic on chikaras Facebook and did not recognize them.
Thank you guys for your kind words and warm welcome back!

Hey Joey, they are custom revalved Bilstein race series dampers, currently getting rebuilt before the Laguna event.
lol I guess Porsche owners are the majority that actually shows up at lapping days with their expensive cars. Which I think is a really cool thing; doing what these machines are truly built for!

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
What's even cooler than that is; how you get left behind on the straights, yet reel them in heavily by threshold breaking, and super high cornering speeds.

Btw, can you post a pic of the Bilstein Race model shocks, I saw info on them a long time ago, but nothing concrete.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
I tried diggin up some the pics for it and no dice, etikoner. I too can't recall I actually took any pics of them actually. lol
They're now sent out to get revalved, I'll snap a few shots when they return. Sorry dude!

Thanks Alex! Sounds good man, hope to see you guys there at the MRLS event! :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #189 (Edited)
Great update dude, love this car.
Thanks ste! Your MX-5 is nothing short of awesome too! :icon_cheers:

Apologies for the slow update of this Part 2 post.. been super busy with exams and Chikara related work. I'm kinna just posting this one from the Chikara Blog entry so please excuse the politeness. haha

As promised, we're bringing you the second installment of the testing weekend and the rest of the photos from Day 1's PCA event. (Courtesy of my buddy Jonathan Yeung of 143CAR.com)

Since the first day has satisfied our need for data collection, we were more relaxed on Day 2 at Turn 2 Lapping. It's been our habit to register back-to-back events because:

1) To condense as much seat time as possible in one trip - logistically, using the time more wisely.
2) To increase the probability of landing on enough dry sessions for testing.
3) To really put the cars' performance, and most of all, durability to the test. Ensuring they meet our strict standards of quality.

As mentioned above, our main goal was to push the cars to their paces in two consecutive days, sessions after sessions, and drive them back from some 357km (220 miles) away. Even though Boat did not perform as well as we expected in terms of car balance and pace, both cars were reliability were in tip top shape. In fact, the drivers got exhausted before the cars did.

Like always, we had a great time throughout the whole day just playing along with many fellow lappers in our run groups. Most of them were actually from Vancouver as well, so that made it extra fun for everybody! Here's a video of one of the many sessions that CM-1027 ran on that day. Enjoy!

Feel free to watch it in full HD by clicking the Youtube link.

As you can see, the car might not be as quick as the higher output cars, it definitely can keep up or often out-perform the others when it comes to braking and cornering speed. The driver was very pleased with the car's balance, thus giving him the confidence to make such maneuvers with his used old R888's. That said, it is now back at the shop for further refinement to raise the bar even higher before the Laguna Seca trip in September. Our crew certainly does not have any experience there, however, we will try our very best to prepare the car for this highly-anticipated event. In hopes that we can do justice to the Miata/MX-5's renowned performance on track!

Lastly, to wrap up this final post of our testing trip, below we have a series of pictures taken on Day 1 (PCA) event. Capturing the many moments in and around the track and our paddock area. Hence, until next update, happy motoring everyone!

Fueling up in the morning

Cabin shot

Paying a small tribute to a legend. Turned out quite cool with my unpainted OEM fenders. :)

I'm also a big fan of 'Save The Ring' movement, hoping to bring some awareness on this side of the globe too.

Boat docking, and looks like I was having a discussion with Boat Captain in the back.

Cool shot of Boat and Jon's stock FR-S 10 series (rocking some nice Weds TC-105's/Hankook RS-3's)

Paddock

ditto

Our friend's awesome 997.1 RS again.. great shot showing some of his subtle but effective DIY aero enhancements. This instructor not only drives fast, he custom makes a lotta unique gadgetries too! Those Jongbloed wheels with Conti-slicks were surprisingly light btw.

Never short of helping hands, that's what friends are for right? But then again, some only spectate and take pictures. :stare: lol I kid, I kid.

3 generations of 911's (That vintage racer at the back is VERY cool, in case I haven't said it.)

Yeeeep... it was a windy day. Thus, we took the tents down.

Photo credit: 143CAR.com (Facebook page / Youtube channel)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Great updates!
Loving the Senna tribute! I'd love one of those stickers...

Seeing the chikara cars running around Laguna seca is gonna be awesome!
Thanks Erick!
I got this one off E-bay when there wasn't an official decal out yet. But now the Senna store has them available so you might wanna check these out. ;)
Great updates!Loving the Senna tribute! I'd love one of those stickers...Seeing the chikara cars running around Laguna seca is gonna be awesome![/quote]Thanks Erick! I got this one off E-bay when there wasn't an official decal out yet. But now the Senna store has them available so you might wanna check these out.http://www.ayrton-senna-shop.com/en/Ayrton-Senna-sticker-Sempre-20-Years"]http://www.ayrton-senna-shop.com/en/Ayrton-Senna-sticker-Sempre-20-Years

Yeah man, I'm really stoked about this event! All I can say is that Chikara is now committed to be one fo the many a vendors there. There might also be some nice surprise for you guys at the event (our booth/garage) as well! I can't be entirely sure at the moment but we'll see how it works out. I'll definitely try my best to make it a really memorable event for all the attendees and ourselves!

Cheers! :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Just about 3 weeks before the HUGE event at MRLS, I have a teaser for everyone..

As some one you might have noticed, Maruha Motors will be present for this occasion and Chikara will be under the same roof with them. CM-1027 being the Chikara representative. So, what has Maruha came up with on their side? Well, that's where it gets interesting. I've been really dying to meet this unicorn myself but hey, here it is.. just arrive in Vancouver BC!

heh heh heh :haiguyths:

More updates will surface as we begin to prepare this special car! There are plenty to do - a quick refreshment/maintenance, quite a bit of goodies to go on to make it even more awesome for the event participants, and of course get it track-ready for the Sunday hotlapping sessions.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Many years ago, I've always wanted to see this car in person. I guess my wish came true! We have been working closely with Saiji-san at Maruha for this opportunity. To have them being along side with us at the booth is an absolute pleasure and honor of ours! This will surely be a memorable event for us, I just know it. :eek:

As I've mentioned, we'll try to get it back to tip-top shape and perhaps elevate it even more in terms of aesthetics and performance as well. In hopes to give it a good show at the event for you guys' enjoyment!

WOW. I wish I could make it out for that event.... Hopefully lots of pictures and videos will surface.
Yea, that's unfortunate.. I know a few of the CR.net guys will/might not be ble to make it there due to various reasons. So, the Chikara crew will definitely try to take more pics/vids to sorta take some of you there!

Thanks for checking back, I'll keep you guys posted as we work towards the event.

Cheers!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Great updates - can't wait to see more of the yellow car.

Thanks ste! Your MX-5 is nothing short of awesome too! :icon_cheers:
It's an honour you think that dude! I'd be happy to rock a Chikara sticker on my dash if you had a spare.

181 - 200 of 224 Posts