ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before everyone starts to flame, I have plans to turbo the car later on, but I'm putting it in just to mess with it and see what's the fuss all about (I got it for stupid cheap).

I wired it to the diagram in the manual but I don't read Japanese. Does anyone know what wires go where? I followed a miata diagram as well trying to figure out what goes where.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been interested it this unit for awhile. Everytime I try to search for info regard the wiring for our cars I come up short. Your probably going to have to have someone translate it or just guess. If you do get it running don't use it with a cat. It will fry it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been interested it this unit for awhile. Everytime I try to search for info regard the wiring for our cars I come up short. Your probably going to have to have someone translate it or just guess. If you do get it running don't use it with a cat. It will fry it.
Yeah I've got a full topspeed pro-1 exhaust with test pipe.
Every thread I've read is pretty useless though I have the locations of pins to splice though idk what they all mean because it's Japanese.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Someone needs to do a write up on this. In the search function the only threads that pop up don't really have any info in them, wiring wise. I'm picking one up at the end of summer so hopefully someone has a write up lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good thing I memorized both diagrams so I can help you out.
Actually interested in helping or just coming in to post a sarcastic remark? I forgot because I posted this at work, sincere apologies.

Bee*R instructions, figure m-14
http://www.bee-r.com/main/rev/revlimitter.pdf
This shows 3 of 4 wires being hooked up.

Red wire: 12V+
Black wire: Earth
Yellow wire: RPM Signal
Green wire: Ignition signal

I then cross referenced the locations from bee*r with the locations on the ecu, and figured out which colors were which.
http://www.madracki.com/miata/images/wiring/93diag.pdf

In theory, does 2G for the rpm signal, 2I for the ignition, 1B for power, and 2A or 2B for earth make sense?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it all hooked up. Install is pretty simple. All I did was strip a small section of the wire from the ECU, wrapped the Bee*R wire around the exposed wire, soldered them together, and covered it with tape. Anyhow, the wiring goes as such:

Bee*R - Miata
Green - Yellow/Blue (2G)
Yellow - White (2E)
Red - Red/White (1B)
Black - Black (2A)

http://www.madracki.com/miata/images/wiring/93diag.pdf (Miata pin location)

http://www.bee-r.com/main/rev/revlimitter.pdf (Use M-14 to find splicing locations.)

On the Bee*R diagram, it only shows 3 of 4 wiring locations. For the 3 it shows, it goes Green, Yellow, and Red. (from left to right on diagram M-14.) The one wire that is not shown, is the ground wire. Either of the 2 black wires off the ECU will work for ground.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can definitely take some video. I'll just shoot one of driveway revving, once I eventually wire it up to the clutch pedal I'll do some launch videos haha.

Does the write up make sense? Or should I post some pics of the wiring.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was planning to use one of these for my carbed 13b turbo swap as a rev limiter, and also for the launch control factor that I'll never use lol. Anyone had any luck running these with a carb?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was planning to use one of these for my carbed 13b turbo swap as a rev limiter, and also for the launch control factor that I'll never use lol. Anyone had any luck running these with a carb?
Not that I personally know of, but the whole point of this, is that it cuts off spark (distributor in this case?) and then reads your RPMs (wire to tach, on the miata it gets reads the pulses from the ignitor to get your rpms). The rest is all quite easy, its just a bitch going through wiring diagrams, and supposedly some Bee*R's the green and yellow wire works one way, but other units it could be the other way. I found out I had mine hooked up backwards initially but then swapped them like one of the 240 forums said, and it worked great.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Lol aren't these like $300-$400? Just get a mspnp and use ignition cut instead of fuel! Ta-Da flame thrower!

The megasquirt will actually be of some use too.

I understand the OP got his for stupid cheap. I sincerely hope none of you guys go and buy one of these. Do it the right way, with a programmable ECU.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not that I personally know of, but the whole point of this, is that it cuts off spark (distributor in this case?) and then reads your RPMs (wire to tach, on the miata it gets reads the pulses from the ignitor to get your rpms). The rest is all quite easy, its just a bitch going through wiring diagrams, and supposedly some Bee*R's the green and yellow wire works one way, but other units it could be the other way. I found out I had mine hooked up backwards initially but then swapped them like one of the 240 forums said, and it worked great.
Well thats what I've gathered as well, the 13b has a distributor with 2 ignitors, so I guess I'll figure it out with trial and error. I only have like 6 wires with my motor swap lol.

You can find these around 200-300. I just need a rev limiter for my carb setup, figured this would be fun as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I think they're going down in price honestly, I paid $125 used (looks new, wires were good)
I gotta put the video up tomorrow, but I've noticed it doesn't pop any flames when it's notmoving, and I've yet to hook up the REV2 to the clutch. I need to play with the settings more or something.

1V is the clutch switch so time to mess with that tomorrow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bring this back.
I just hook my Bee-r on my 91 1.6 the same way 2G and 2E and nothing happens.The light for the RPMs comes on but no cut at all.Tried splicing the ign(green)wire to pin 2I also and the same thing no cut.WTF???Is there another wire I can splice the ign wire to?I the got RPMs working.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts