Registered
261 Posts
Google "site:clubroadster.net begi supercharger 1.6"
its amazing.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I saw the thread. That doesn't answer my question. Unless you are telling me the answer is "no, nobody has ever had any experience with one." I was wondering if anyone had any PERSONAL experience with the system. Not just read about it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
So far noone on this sight or Miata.net has reported buying or installing one. You know how we all are..... If someone did we would know about it. Seems like Corky pretty well abandoned the SC thing on both the 1.6 and 1.8. Nothing has been heard of on either for many months and BEGI is kinda busy right now finishing up some overdue turbo projects.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the 1.6 cold side is supposedly finished and ready to go. That's what I've been wanting to go for. I'm into unique-ness. But I figured I'd see if anyone has used it. Although I'm pretty much already set on it, even though the power output isn't fantastic.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Any pics? I think stephanie from begi said, five people bought it. Also the price was discounted for the first five buyers.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well the 1.6 cold side is supposedly finished and ready to go. That's what I've been wanting to go for. I'm into unique-ness. But I figured I'd see if anyone has used it. Although I'm pretty much already set on it, even though the power output isn't fantastic.
If you do go for it please keep us up to date on your experience. The MP62 should just be loafing at 140whp and your stock clutch and diff should be happy too. No complications later.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nope, just running E-85 at 15psi and stock timing. Not even close to blowing up after almost 5 years.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm suprised to read that Corky would be looking at the BEGI supercharger system again for the Miata. If my memory serves me correctly he dabbled in a BEGI hotside kit for Miatas in the mid 90's, the forecast (and the ad copy) was quite rosy, and after a couple of years the kits were quietly dropped, the word was due to reliability problems with the supercharger itself. I know it's 15 years later, but still has a little deja vu factor BEGI+Corky.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
There's a FM ubercharger on eBay, which is whipple based. It's a much better blower than the m45, mp45, m62, or mp62 units. I'm not sure of the actual kits quality, but the blower itself is a much better unit. All the other kits out are just different mounting solutions of the same lame blowers, besides the rotrex.

Perhaps look into getting a custom whipple setup if you want to be unique?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts