ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just recently found out the previous owner of my car installed an FC MAF from an rx7. What are the benefits of an FC MAF over the OEM MAF?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I could be wrong but I think in the rx7 maf the part that connects to the air filter is round whereas the the oem part for the 1.6's is square. The only real advantage to this is that its a bit eaiser to make a custom intake b/c you don't have to get a square to round adaptor.

I think I remember reading this but can anyone confirm it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
.. the part that connects to the air filter is round whereas the the oem part for the 1.6's is square. The only real advantage to this is that its a bit eaiser to make a custom intake b/c you don't have to get a square to round adaptor.
You're right about that, but it's not the "only real advantage".

·
Registered
282 Posts
.. the part that connects to the air filter is round whereas the the oem part for the 1.6's is square. The only real advantage to this is that its a bit eaiser to make a custom intake b/c you don't have to get a square to round adaptor.
You're right about that, but it's not the "only real advantage".

Oh my bad, I should've been more clear. #-o I ment that fitting the filter eaiser is the only real advantage to the square vs. round.....i didn't mean that that was the only advantage to fitting the fc amf.

·
Registered
71 Posts
be forwarned. . .trying to change it is a pain in the azz. . .talk to betrayed about it he might be able to give some insight and advice

·
Registered
441 Posts
i have one sitting in my 'parts bin' i am going to have a go over the winter when i am bored, it doesnt really worry me too much about the running rich as i have an apexi fuel controller installed so i can turn it down a bit to lean it out, will post results if and when i do it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts