ClubRoadster.net banner

Best bang for the buck tire suggestions?

5K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  Tekel 
#1 ·
Whats up, looking to purchase new tires soon in either 195/50-15 or 205/50-15 for my 2000 NB. I was wondering what you guys could recommend considering the following factors I have listed:

*Good treadwear
*Summer tire/dry conditions is fine, doesnt have to be all weather (wet/snow)
*Stiff sidewall, bought some Continental DWS tires a while back and sidewall flex was just not good, uber squishy in the corners.
*Affordable (less than 1K for sure, doesnt have to be dirt cheap but nothing crazy either)
*Grip/handling for spirited driving.
*Aggressive/performance minded looking tread design, not a fan of the touring look.

#2 ·
#3 ·
My bad well last at least 50K (I dont do burn outs or anything of the sort but sometimes a little spirited driving) Suspension is stock and alignment is good so I factored those in as well. Guess I overestimated the tire pricing, less than $450.

*My main concern is the excess sidewall flex, do not want a squishy tire.

#17 ·
a 50k mile tire will feel like **** on a miata. they will not respond well either.

quit being a puss and just buck up and get decent tires. AT LEAST a falken 912 (moderate crap) but a yoko s-drive would be a bare minimum good tire.

#37 ·
the new 615k has good grip but the wet grip is still crap compared to the yokos, toyos, bridgestones and dunlops.

The Fuzion Zri was a great tire IMO...but it's going away...so the Sdrive is probably the best in line behind that. My DZ101 was scary in the rain past 50% worn...so I'd stay away from them.

A great performance option is the Federal 595 RSR...not sure how long they will last but they grip as good as the azenis, do better in the wet and are cheaper.

#38 ·
I can vouch for the Star Specs as well. Excellent dry and wet grip. The main reason I got them was for the high marks for wet grip among similar tires. If you're going to DD this car then the highest wet grip tire is the obvious choice for control and safety of your own car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.