ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In process of wiring up my gauges, lc-1, amp, and some other bells and whistles. What's the best place to tap into some switcched 12v? I don't think the amp draw is going to be too much. On the line is gonna be 3 gauges, an LC-1, the remote line for my amp, boost pressure sender, and maybe a few interior lights.

My plan is to run the wire into an aftermarket fuse box, so each respective component will be fused.any ideas?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tap it off the cig lighter? install a bigger fuse in the cig fusebox location if you are going to have a smaller one where the line branches off.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Can always tap right into the radio wiring harness. Pretty easy to get to. Probably the easiest. And no fucks given if you actually manage to pop a fuse there.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think the radio wire will have the juice?

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
I always use the radio wiring harness. There's an always-on wire and a switched wire. Just use a multimeter to figure out which is which.

·
Administrator
15,606 Posts
I tend to use radio or cig lighter.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always use the radio wiring harness. There's an always-on wire and a switched wire. Just use a multimeter to figure out which is which.
Sounds like ill go with this.

So with the rest of the car not being wired, and no battery atm, anyone wanna help me out with which color wire on the 90-93 harness is switched power at the radio?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, amp is going to be direct from battery.

Just the remote will be switched so its not always on. :)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
You can use anything really, it's not drawing load from it. In my DD, I fried the remote amp output on my HU(dont ask) and just tied it into the main radio power, so the amp is always on if the car is on, whatever. But since youre using an amp i only assume an aftermarket HU, which almost always has a remote wire for the amp.

the switched power wire for the radio should be blue/black. the blue/red is constant, always on, IIRC

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No headunit this time. Needed the real estate for bells and whistles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts