ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'll be the one to touch on a subject no one cares about around here. :woolery:

Like the title says, i need the best ride quality, with the longest warranty. My Bilsteins suck, they're way to harsh with all the bracing i've done. I drive on the worst roads in north america, and i'm willing to argue that to my grave.

I don't want to hellaslam my car like you cali folk. Just a simple wheel gap delete. The car is just a weekend cruising car, with the monthly autocross, and trip to the dragon every year.

"ib4 idiot use the search". I want to discuss this topic specifically.

So, what i've dug up was only the HSD coilover. Only problem is, How the heck do i get them in the US? Also with their lifetime warranty? I have read that stance and HSD are basically the same, but stance doesn't have a lifetime warranty.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Just would like to point this out, but you realize a warranty on a coilover is for defects not for wear, right? A coilover or shock will eventually blow, that is certain. If nothing is wrong within the first month or two good luck having any suspension company approve a warranty claim on a wear item like coilovers.

Imagine how quick a company could go belly up replacing coilovers from all the slammed people riding bumpstops constantly. If it's not a manufacturing defect I don't see any of these warranties doing a damn thing.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Check around the forum for information on revalved Bilsteins. You can send in your dampers (if they're not too worn) . Fatcatmotorsports, Stewart Development, and Bilstein (in CA) will revalve the dampers. Many have said that they will run Fat Cat Motorsports coilovers (revalved bilsteins, gc sleeves, stiff springs and new top hats) with 300-500 lb/in. springs, and it rides better than stock. Just throwing out an option.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I would say: Xida, basically anything FM sells, possibly Öhlins

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
^^Yea I hear the same thing, I don't know about the warranty though.

I should add Fortune Auto, they're supposed to be very good also

·
'Bout dat life
4,106 Posts
I would definitely say go with FCM if comfort is what you care about. Ohlins are good too, but suffer from short stroke. Shaikh is a genius, and will get you damping curves that will suite what you need. I would have gone that route if I didn't cheap out on my DGR's when they were on sale.

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
I would definitely say go with FCM if comfort is what you care about. Ohlins are good too, but suffer from short stroke. Shaikh is a genius, and will get you damping curves that will suite what you need. I would have gone that route if I didn't cheap out on my DGR's when they were on sale.
FCM is pretty much the ticket here.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Oh yea forgot about them

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Bob I assume you cannot beat the Xida CS for the price. I look forward to finding out shortly.
me too!! :mrgreen:

·
Banned
607 Posts
if ur gonna stick w/ FM, go afco, tarmac rally tested... then again v-maxx are too...

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
OP, I feel your pain. I'm originally from the Detroit area, I remember how harsh they were in my Miata.

I would really suggest you speak with Flying Miata on this one. Ride quality and warranty are something that don't go very well with most coilovers. I think if you get a brand that is manufactured/serviced overseas, you will wind up dealing with a customer service train wreck. I gotta say few aftermarket vendors are as easy to deal with, answer your questions, and back up their products like FM does.

I would stick to vendors that can offer you what you need and can spell out how their warranty works and what it entails on your end. 949 Racing, FM, maybe Fatcat and a few others.

·
The Platypus
710 Posts
I know when ordering my FCM suspension, Shaikh was very helpful in helping me achieve my suspension goals. He actually is nothing short of a genius. My coilovers are still being revalved right now, so I can't speak for the performance/comfort part yet, but I've read very many reviews for them and they love em. The only downside is it will take a longish time to get to you because there's a queue and they can only do so many at a time.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts