ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
stiffer springs and firmer shocks will decrease roll.
a slight different roll than what sway bars help minimize.

·
Registered
698 Posts
stiffer springs and firmer shocks will decrease roll.
a slight different roll than what sway bars help minimize.
I think overall you'd still want to invest in a front sway bar. I say only front sway because you may want to experiment with a couple of different setups before you settle on whether or not you'll want rear sway.

·
Registered
405 Posts
What do you use your car for? As far as an autocross setup, people normally go with the Racing Beat hollow tube sway up front and a stock rear or no rear, depend on your springs. I was advised to run (by a couple national champions) to run the Racing Beat up front and stock with new bushings in the rear. If your looking to drift or such instead, then forget all the above.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 q's.
1. wat is the diff between hallow and normal?
2. and wat if i run a read and front. more rigid?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i belive it would make u over stear if any thing. so should i go hallow or solid. and if i put both in it would take out body roll?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is some info from miata racing.net. It has a good section on swaybars as well as other suspension stuff. Springs, sways, shocks, and tires. All of these things are important to the setup of your car, depending on what you want to do with it.

Which sways are best? That's a crapshoot.

Depending on the rest of your setup different swaybars will change the cars handling in different ways.

The best thing you can do is take opinions from LOTS of different people and places, then throw out all the wonderful reviews and all the crappy reviews and look at the ones in the middle, they are the honest ones.

You shouldn't have to spend a ton on swaybars, but keep in mind that the bang for the buck factor is significant with swaybars. Do some serious research and don't be afraid to buy a product that you're gonna end up unhappy with, you can always sell it. :D

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
what are you planning on doing?

"most aggressive" means absolutely nothing, unless you place it in context. and then only when you state your goals... are you planning on Autox? Drift? Street car?

How do you want it to act? I like mine to be just on the oversteer side of neutral for street car... then just past that on the track for drifting. I run stock sways and adjust my tire pressures and rake... so theres lots of ways to skin a cat.

is your only goal less roll? go suspension techniques, they are fat, and work.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
fyi -

the Racing beat hollow front sway is 1.3 times as stiff as thier solid one. the hollow one is just over 5 lbs, the solid one is about 10.

·
Registered
84 Posts
what woudul be a good setup for say. mountain driving. ? i oversteered last night and i dun realyl want that to happen again =D. shud i go with both front and rear? since rear makes it oversteer easier?

·
'Bout dat life
4,106 Posts
racingbeat's is pretty beefy, so i'd say you would want to run that in front, maybe stock in the back.
or just take out your rear one and see how that works.

imo, sways should be the last thing to upgrade, since there are so many of them(too many chances of buying the wrong size), and there are other ways to reduce roll and oversteer. make changes to everything else, then make an educated guess and fine tune with sways.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
racing beat solid front and rear is the setup that i am using. Steven (kungfujesus) also uses the same set up. He seemed very happy with it.

the solid front/rear combo feels very balanced.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts