ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that there are certain things i can do to make my Na miata. right now im sitting on Stock rims, KYB AGX 8 ways, and H & R Springs. What should i try to do to make the miata easier to drift with?

·
Registered
332 Posts
ok down to business..
one thing that helped me out a lot
is get donuts for the back that has sucky grip
you can start going slow on certain corners and you'll like how it just slides so easily.
another is stiffer suspension.. it makes a big difference in weight transfers and ending of the drift since it doesnt have that huge jerking motion.
sway bars help as well

another really great thing i practiced on is steering..turn on your car and just practice your hand positions in different areas on the steering wheel..and trying to not get your hands tangled up onto each other..

another thing is throttle control.
hard to explain but sooner or later you'll understand what i'm talking about

you live in san diego huh? i do to.. we should have a club roadster meet here..i know theres atleast 5 people with miatas in sd..

·
Registered
332 Posts
yo sid...i think i saw you drifting in drift circuit..am i correct? i was watching cause i didnt have money to enter...SUCKS..haha then drift circuit got canceled when i had extra funds..I WAS PISSED.. stupid megan racing 350z!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
so I disagree. If someone is just starting, you don't want a siffer suspension. The added stiffness makes things happen much faster. Sock suspension is nice and linear. Easy to drift at lower speeds. Which is what you want when you are learning.

But what DOES make a big deal is suspension travel. Buy some FM rear shock mounts. They will make a big difference. soft springs will compress what little travel you have and when they hit the bump stops, the car will snap into oversteer. The added travel makes the brake away more gradual.

Matt

·
3,857 Posts
I heard that there are certain things i can do to make my Na miata. right now im sitting on Stock rims, KYB AGX 8 ways, and H & R Springs. What should i try to do to make the miata easier to drift with?
Not the most proper way to do it, but you can have instant results if you set the rear KYB in the stiffer more while the front one in the normal.

Furthermore you can put more air in the rear tires...

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Watch the Drift Bible and practice with the cones as shown in said video.

Also: INITIAL D!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
yo sid...i think i saw you drifting in drift circuit..am i correct? i was watching cause i didnt have money to enter...SUCKS..haha then drift circuit got canceled when i had extra funds..I WAS PISSED.. stupid megan racing 350z!
yeah man, I was at dc 1 and 2 but just watched at 3 had some unexpected cashish problems for a year... lol

·
4,296 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Watch the Drift Bible and practice with the cones as shown in said video.

Also: INITIAL D!
Ahaha~. That last part made me laugh. This has probably been posted before, but nonetheless, http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4ff17fe8-9178-4217-95bf-14d807876ed5.htm

As others have said before, seat time is key. An LSD would help though. And go to events. You get to concentrate more on your driving unlike having to worry about the popo if youre on the streets.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Remember: Drifting costs atleast $500.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts