ClubRoadster.net banner

1341 - 1360 of 1363 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Here is my first full build. I wanted a lightweight track bike that wouldn't break the bank and used quality components. Weighs just under 17lbs and I have $900 invested in everything. I've been pleased with the end results and it's a really smooth, fun bike to ride.

·
Registered
89 Posts
hey guys,
I´ve been into biketrials for like 5years, sadly after my brother has pain in back (and as he´s doctor he can´t afford to risk) we quit this lovely sport. so at least there is some photos and video of us. check that out, it´s nothing special but, you know, we enjoy that time and I still miss this so much, as it was best part of my life, I´ve met awesome people because of this sport and visit some lovely places (Austria alpen, France, etc)
first of all, my favourite photo of myself doing sidehop on 8 fat palletes. 48" .

than, some older video back, when I was 17yo
https://vimeo.com/32045436

and another when I was 16 and doing trials like 20months
https://vimeo.com/14639870

there was some video where me and my brother were as well

and few photos from bike show for one of biggest Slovak television back in 2013, basically 3months after I quit riding :-D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can I play too?

My new project.

2002 Lemond Victoire Titanium. Ultegra 9 speed, Ksryium Elite S wheels, Lemond carbon/aluminum fork & handle bars/stem that I had laying around.

After riding Aluminum road bikes for years this thing is a dream to ride. It really does give a great balance between stiffness and ride quality.

Still have a few things on the wish list like a new saddle and a full carbon fork but for now I am just riding it.

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
Seeing as there are quite a few of us, anyone in the IE area of SoCal down to get together for a leisurely ride? I know the weather isn't perfect, but we can tough it out. Anyone? Anything?

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Picked up a Gravity 29Point4 and made a couple changes to it before even riding it, because that's just how i roll in life apparently.

Going to beat on this thing for a season then build something cool as a reward if i manage to kill this thing with use.

Small 15.5 frame because i didn't like the standover height of the 17 framed Gravity 27Five G2 this is replacing. So far the cockpit seems fine. I might get a set back seat post to lengthen it out a touch.

Mods, bro:
Scudgood SG pedals (100% accurate RaceFace Chester copies)
RaceFace Chester 50mm stem
Full Speed Ahead SLK carbon 740mm bar
Odi Troy Lee Designs lock on grips

Have a lot of great trails within 10-30 minutes of me, and a Montero with no back seats so i can just toss this pig in the back of it. Can't wait to beat on it.

2018-01-08_06-43-09 by concealer404, on Flickr

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Finished, just needs air in the tires and a brake bleed. Will probably order a cheap chinese carbon post or two for test fitting.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
7,945 Posts
I have this thing. It cost me 2 growlers of beer. Had to replace a tube and just bought shoes in case I love it...

Untitled by 99blkx, on Flickr

Took it on her maiden voyage this weekend. I forgot how riding a bike is easy to do... hard to do well. I managed not to die and probably got about 5-6 miles in. I think a new seat is in my future, but I can already see the benefits this shall bring...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Bought this old Peugeot Mixte a number of years ago. Commuted on it for a couple summers, moved, it sat outside for a couple years, you know the drill. Last winter I dug it out, stripped it, painted the frame, replaced a bunch of stuff, cleaned everything... lot of time in it.

I had a lot of fun riding it around town five times before I got taken out by a pickup truck on it. Been back in the "sitting unused and broken" phase since then :(

MTB is an old (frame is a 1998 I think) Kona Caldera. Someone has been through it at least once replacing stuff, not much original at this point. I bought it for like $80 on CL and it has served me well for two seasons, needing only a tire. I also threw on a CF handlebar that a coworker threw away and some cheap Avid Juicy 7's thanks to eBay. Currently debating giving it a refresh or replacing it for this summer.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
While we're on the subject of bikes: can someone explain to me the appeal of fixed-gear bikes? I'm used to bikes that can free-wheel or at least coast.

·
Registered
226 Posts
As someone who has ridden a fixed gear bike for years and even worked as a courier on one I can honestly say besides being really easy to fix and maintain its just a fun factor thing. Theyre fun to ride and can be really fluid when you get good at it but theres no real advantage when riding one on the street for the most part. It does help when going really slow and navigating city traffic though I will give them that.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
As someone who has ridden a fixed gear bike for years and even worked as a courier on one I can honestly say besides being really easy to fix and maintain its just a fun factor thing. Theyre fun to ride and can be really fluid when you get good at it but theres no real advantage when riding one on the street for the most part. It does help when going really slow and navigating city traffic though I will give them that.
I guess I'm just not on a bike often enough to get it :lol:

1341 - 1360 of 1363 Posts