ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
33,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what showed up today!

=D>

Yup, the decklid and spoiler from Tim's original 93le (I'd show where it was last seen, but I'd rather not dredge up any bad memories! #-o ). Tim gave me a great deal on it, and it even got here a day earlier than planned.

It's got some weather and scratch damage, as you can see, but that is to be expected. Despite the story at the end of this post, it was not damaged in transit. Great packing job, Tim! :mrgreen:

That said, numbnuts that I am, I was able to bend a corner of the 'lid when I pulled it out of its package--straight up into the ceiling...

Going to call the body shop tomorrow and see if they might be able to have it done before next weekend!

Thanks for the hook up, man!

Completely not Tim's fault, but apparently the cops had to be called to my building because the dumb-arse FedEx guy, rather than leaving a note that they had tried to deliver the 'lid, laid it up against the basement door of my apartment building, which is right across from the front door. My downstairs neighbor, not knowing it was there, came up the stairs and opened the door, knocking the entire package into the front door, and wedging it between both doors!

Apparently, everyone was locked out of the building for two hours. I'm guessing I'll get a call from the building's caretaker, or at least hear it from him next time he sees me... :roll:

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Glad it got to you quickly. Sorry to hear it got damaged! #-o

That "L" mark wasn't there when I dropped it off at the shipping place.

The nice girl at the shipping place packed it, per my instructions of course!

I would have done it mkyself, but I didn't have a big enough box, but I made sure it was packed well.

Hopefully, you can get it all ready by next weekend!

·
Mufasa in Training
33,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That "L" mark wasn't there when I dropped it off at the shipping place.
The scratch isn't a big deal. It probably got there when they had to figure out how to move the package once it wedged itself between the doors. I'd make a stink with FedEx, but a.) the whole thing needs repainting anyway, and b.) I really doubt it'd do much good.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok - hold on - I just wen t back to you link and you have the entire deck!?

DO you want to just install the wing or the entire deck?
Once I get it painted, I'm just going to install the entire deck. my OEM one has what looks like a semi-puncture on one side (PO must have slammed it shut on something solid and sharp).

To get to the Gap, I'll just put the whole assembly on as one unit, assuming I can keep from breaking something else on the car in the process :roll:

BTW...do you know how to stiffen the trunk tension springs? I should probably do that once the 'lid's on.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
assuming I can keep from breaking something else on the car in the process :roll:
I find this statement a little ironic, looking at the time stamp... :lol:
Even more ironic considering the look that the flat black decklid was supposed to evoke that my now dented and dinged door will pretty much complete #-o

Peter...if you'd rather pass on the car for pictures, I understand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts