ClubRoadster.net banner

Biggest size wheel spacer with out extended studs??

38K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  ChrisJuliano 
#1 ·
Whats the biggest size mm spacer that would be able to run with out extended studs?? O and still keep your wheel on the hub with out falling off. Basically whats the limit on spacer width and still be safe on the road?

I worded this terribly... :fp:

#10 ·
this has come up before,
always depends on the thickness of the mounting face of the wheels, of course with a thinner face you can run a wider spacer since more threads will show.
for daily driving. i've driven on spacers with 6 complete turns on the lug nuts no problem.

#14 ·
I mentioned this in another thread but if you run spacers with studs make sure you have the cut outs behind your wheels and make sure there deep .

If you plan on running spacers with the factory lugs and try to keep it hub centric good luck I wouldn't go wider then the 8 mm your running now . You can buy 10mm slip on's that are hubcentric but they usually cost more . If your in love with your wheels and are planning to keep them for a long time then just spend the extra money and have some custom spacers made with the studs and are both hubcentric to the miata and the wheel your running .

#15 ·
#17 ·
There is not anything wrong with spaces. Slip on or bolt on. It all depends on the effort you put into it.

Hub centric is not necessary but will be a better option. As long as you check them and torque them and they are installed right you will be fine.

You get what You give. If you just throw a set on without checking and they bottom out the wheel to the factory stud and loosen it's not the spacers it's user error. Most of the time you hear of a failure it's not the spacers fault it's who ever installed them or didn't keep up on them. I check my wheels regularly.

#18 ·
Just use ARP studs with open ended lugnuts, you can run up to a 20 to 25mm spacer i believe. I run a 15mm and have plenty of thread left.

Personally i wouldn't bother with the spacers with built in studs, especially if you track the car since thats two sets of lugs you'll need to check torque on.

Plus, ARP makes high quality parts. I've never had a problem and i've been tracking with ARP studs + spacers for years on many different cars, and i drive like a damn madman

General rule of thumb is you want 6-8 turns of thread engagement, the more the better obviously.

#20 ·
Don't really understand your question . Length of what the spacer? That is really up to you ,you could get away with a 15mm spacer on your stock studs . If you went with say 20mm i'd get the bolt on spacers . Right now i'm running 15mm bolt on adapters but i had to shave my studs down about 3-4mm but that was because the back of my wheels didn't have the cut outs as deep as they needed to be . Even with out the spacers i'm still able to get enough turns on the lug nut to hold the wheel on correctly .

#23 ·
I purchased a 15mm h&r kit, was pretty cheap (I got a pretty good connection). Pm me I can give you info to contact them if you want just say you know chris and he told you to hit them up. THey are having a black friday sale too free shipping.

The 15mm kit came with extended studs, and I got 20mm for the rear and those are just bolt on (no need for extended studs they are already on the spacer).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.