ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Zero felonies. One deportation.
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the winter I'm going to repaint my bike frame from the flat black to something that'... well different. I would like some ideas. It has to go with my Highlighter blue shadow parts, and the teal wall tires(tons of life left, so no point getting rid of them yet.
Here's a pic of my bike, so give me some ideas. The fork and bars won't be painted. I'm only doing the frame.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i painted a bike a few months ago. was fun but definitely a project. maybe it was the type of bike it was. make it like a minty green:D

·
Supporting Member
1,763 Posts
Stay basic with DupliColor White.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Some kind of bright pearly white.
or you could sand it down to the metal and throw a clear coat on it, make it look like the "raw" frames they sell.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Is Montana the "professional grade" graffiti paint? I think I've heard of it before.

White would be nice, but hard to get even, I'm a terrible painter:oops:
Do a dark blue, you shouldn't be able to see any mess ups in the paint unless you get close up. Painting it teal would just be overkill in my opinion..

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
I had my bike raw for the longest time. Rails just beat up my paint so I stopped caring.

Edit: You need two more pegs

·
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I
Edit: You need two more pegs
There's no way I'd be able to grind on the left hand side. I tried it out and just about died. The only grinds I can do are feeble, smith, and double pegs. Lol I'm not that good :lol:

I know how you feel about the bike taking beating. This is the bike I learned how to grind on(I rode a 26" before this) and my right side chain stay has a few dents and the paint is gone.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've always wanted to build a matte black bike with gold pinstriping. Maybe in this case, matte black with teal pinstriping/designs?

edit_ Something like this: http://www.nonlintec.com/allegro/

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
It's a bike. Just ride it.

I never got the kids that would buy new parts when they didn't need them. Like a new color would come out and they would have to buy it. My bike was mostly recycled things form kids like that.

·
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's a bike. Just ride it.

I never got the kids that would buy new parts when they didn't need them. Like a new color would come out and they would have to buy it. My bike was mostly recycled things form kids like that.
Lol I'm not buying new parts. I'm just painting the frame cause I'm bored of black. I'm probably only going to ride for another year before I give it up though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts