ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out on W WT Harris, close to Northlake mall around 1:30pm today (sat. 05/27/06) and saw a nice, black NB behind me. Tinted windows, softtop up, white Mazdaspeed banner on the windshield I think, black what looked like Rota GT3's (15" ?) and seemed lowered. Car turned right, not sure what road, but I kind of half-ass waved...backwards...or whatever. I was in a black NA, top down, rollbar.

Later

·
Registered
971 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, I know about the Carolina's Miata Club, but I was talking about more our direction, not all the old farts :lol:
Hey, you can learn a lot from old farts. There are lots of old farts in the club who will help you change tops, timing belts, shocks, and the like. Some of us even like to tear it up in the twisties.

Dana

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Yep, don't discount the value of old farts to the hobby. They have lots of experience and are generally nice folks who are willing to help you learn a valuable thing or two here and there.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,049 Posts
Yep, don't discount the value of old farts to the hobby. They have lots of experience and are generally nice folks who are willing to help you learn a valuable thing or two here and there.
I wish more of my club actually turned a wrench on their cars...it's kind of annoying when you'd like a hand doing something you've never done before. They're decent people...they just aren't "car people" in the same sense that I am.

·
Registered
971 Posts
dang never realized there were so many miatas in charlotte. not me mines white.
Our club has had over 500 members over the 15 years in existence. A few of the members from the first year are still in the club.

We just had a tech day at a members shop. We did one shock change, several horn swaps, one guy installed a test pipe, I showed one of our lady members how to change the cars plugs and wires (had her do most of the job), numerous oil changes, I pulled some tie down hooks as did other members... we even had a guy join there. His battery wasn't tied down by the previous owner and it pulled the ground off where it mounts to the car! He picked up a new ground at Advance (next to the shop) and one member installed it for him...

Never discount a GOOD club for helping you out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts