ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to paint my miata soon once i get some more money saved. im debating on if i should go with a shiny black or flat black? my buddy has a paint gun and is pretty well experienced. i just need to buy the paint.
if i go with black, any estimates on how much the piant will cost?
same with flat black?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Tough choice. I'm really thinking of going flat black on mine just because our Mazda Speed is also black and they look too much alike.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Respray with the factory brilliant black. You'll kick yourself later when your car looks backyard rattle canned. Paint won't run you very much. I think I paid $50-70 ish? to have some OE black mixed. Do the labor yourself/ with a buddy and you're looking at a pretty affordable job. Having access to an oven/booth is nice as well.

·
┐('~`;)┌
6,401 Posts
Do the labor yourself/ with a buddy and you're looking at a pretty affordable job. Having access to an oven/booth is nice as well.
"This is a cheap and easy job for the home mechanic, provided you have a loaded Snap-On box, a lift, and air tools."

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
"This is a cheap and easy job for the home mechanic, provided you have a loaded Snap-On box, a lift, and air tools."
:lol: I guess that was a bit contradictory. Having connections is always handy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Not flat black.

Also, that M3 looks like it is wrapped, not painted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you guys have convinced me to go with a shiny black.
i called the local paint n body shop and they quoted me around $400 for paint. that seemed a bit much.
where else could i get my paint, primer, clear etc...?

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Just do a search for local automotive paint suppliers.. buying from a body shop is probably the last place you want to look. Bring in your color code and have it mixed for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my car is originally red but its just faded and cracked to the worst extent.
so ill probably have to find some black paint code.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts