ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking a favor for anyone with a blackbird bar on an NA. I will be ordering the bar soon, but also want to order the project gla bikini top.. so they arrive around thre same time.

If anyone has this bar on the NA ... would you mind providing the measurement from the top of the window frame where the paint meets the edge of the soft top?
The measurement in this image

http://www.projectgla.com/main/wp-co...op-measure.jpg

I really appreciate it

·
1000% Jake
4,897 Posts
Ok, so unbolting the hard top is a huge pain, I'm trying to avoid doing that.

If I measure from the bottom edge of the windshield header straight back to the back of the bar, it's just under 28 inches. I feel like the edge of the paint is a bit farther forward than this?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I don't think the measurement needs to be exact, just eyeball close. This is just for the project-gla bikini top.
Thank you for that. I will reach out to Moti and see if the bar location is different for the single diagonal vs the x-brace!

you are a stud.. thanks again!

·
1000% Jake
4,897 Posts
You're welcome! I spent a few minutes measuring and remeasuring and it always came out right at or slightly under 28 inches. And I think adding a bit to that is a good idea which puts it a bit over 28".

I've been thinking about one of these tops for a while. In for pics when you have it installed!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do.. I've ordered the 28" version, I think it'll be ok, as long as it's not short, which I think we're good. I will for sure, share pics when I get them. Thanks again for doing that. It allows me to install the bar and top around the same time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts