ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my nb dash in my na, anyone who has a tan nb dash and na pieces are 2 different shades, na plastics are more beige. Was wondering if its possible to bleach plastics to try and get a better match between the 2. If not Ill have to paint them black.

Any thougts, or anyone done soemthign similiar?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im familiar with painting them, Iv painted tan interior stuff black with duplicolor interior paint. It works aweosome if you prep correctly, if I was able to buy black ones Id stop there.

Was hoping it would be possible to fade the na's beige pieces though, would prefer the tan look over the black but not the beige that they are now. It seems as though I will have to just paint them black, I could use the duplicolor tan paint but not sure the tone it comes out. And I cant spare any cash right now.

Being unemployed sucks :(

·
Super Moderator
2,726 Posts
Black dye over tan usually turns out better than tan dye over tan. Tan dye is slightly opaque so if the shades under it are slightly different, most likely the shades when finished will also be. If you were gonna do tan dye, i would suggest one more coat on the lighter pieces.

And you already know about good prep work.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Why not just paint the darker tan pieces the lighter tan you like?

SEM makes some very high quality plastic interior spray paiint/dye in tons of colors. I've used both the Duplicolor and SEM spray vinyl/plastic dyes. The SEM is much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts