ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased blox lug nuts 4-5 months ago probably, and recently just had a issue where they started to turn pink (they were red before) and I washed them with water and never used any form of cleaner that would potentially fade them, well anyways I went through a huge hassel with Blox, and they said they are still under warranty so send them and they will replace. I just got an email today saying they sent them back and they were inspected and were NOT faded at all.

LOL, I cannot believe they actually said that, they must have a very low standard of quality inspection if they honestly told me they were not faded when I get them back I am going to take a picture of them for you guys to see.

Anyone else ever have issues with these lugnuts fading? I met a guy before that had them and his are literally as pink as pink gets :hello kitty:

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Red regular anodized anything fades over time and in the light. It's the nature of that color. Any thing red anodized will turn pink.

Send them out to be hard anodized or get them powder coated, the powder will eventually strip off like paint though.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Red anodize turns red. nature of the beast. Heat plays a huge factor. That's why we try to stop customer from buying colored waste gates.

Black -> brown
RED -> Pink
Blue -> Light blue (kinda cool color)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wish I saw this earlier, I just ordered a shift knob...
I had one of their knobs before, it's was the chrome colored limited edition color. Good knob, but scratched up and I babied that knob. Thankfully my scratches were near the radio, so not really visible.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Spray and let the oven cleaner soak
Spray again, lol
Rub with steel wool
Maybe sand a little
Polish
Done!

I shaved my valve cover too but thats another how-to

1 - 18 of 18 Posts