ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i know SOMEBODY on here had to snag these suckers, they sure looked minty fresh!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Roadster-Hayashi-Mazda-Miata-tail-lights-JDM-RARE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33716QQihZ017QQitemZ270053814618QQrdZ1

Come out come out whomever you are!!! FESS UP!!!

anyhow, I must say that is a GREAT PRICE they sold for, as i bought mine new from KG-Works back in 1999 (when KG was a Hayashi Dealer) and they set me back $625, plus $75 for EMS shipping from Japan, and another $150 to get painted, ouch! Oh and import duty tax bill a month later!! #-o

So whoever got these stole them!!! =D>

Phatty

·
Registered
32 Posts
wow... Met that guy about a week ago and bought a Brainstorm retro gas lid from him. He told me about those rear lights but they wern't for sale then.

·
Sequence Number 1280
3,051 Posts
his name is john... good ole friend of the miata community... he got another miata... maybe he'll join our boards soon... i couldnt afford the lights at this time around when he finally wanted to sell them... man it sucked watching someone else get them!!!

TeRRy

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did he get those from Larry Kyosai's old Red GReddy Turbo'd Miata aka (UltraMiata)? Or did he buy this set on his own, cause for a long time me and Larry were the only two people in the US with those tail lights, they are super clean looking. I think the actual lights are from a Skyline R32, because i remember the lens saying Nissan.

Still cant believe they sold that cheap!

PhatMiata

·
Registered
592 Posts
91Eunos has a set as well.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah damn!! forgot bro!! so that makes 3 sets in the USA, man.......... anyhow, did anyone on this forum even bid on it? at the last day it was only at $157, so i guess the last few minutes was a bid war.

·
1,213 Posts
not forgetting that Barchetta is producing a limited ( 25 sets ) run with the full permission of Hayashi :D

a little more expensive than the set on ebay but definately still in production !!!

I am considering selling on my unfitted zoom units and adding myself to the list :roll:

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread Phat.

I just paid for the lights a little bit earlier.
I am surprised I won them since I had bid below the reserve. :shock:

Anyone know of a good place to put a reverse light? The lights come with a harness to attach one.
I was thinking of doing a custom GV style revese light, but would be interested in suggestions, or looks at what others have done.

I am not planning on relocating my exhaust from the stock location though.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a set, too. I bought mine new from K.G.Works back in 2001.

cc
Sweet!!! that makes at least four owners!!!! Make sure to add your car in the garage section and show us some pics!!!

i think he got your set phat... he got it painted white and ready to go... he mentioned from someone from florida before too i think.

TeRRy
Nope, those are not mine, Tony up in VA has my old set. His screen name here is Hypertek99, tony is a JDMfanatic too, hahahaa

Thanks for starting this thread Phat.
I just paid for the lights a little bit earlier.
hahaha you're welcome, you need a tagline that says Phat helps spend my money!! hahahaa

Anyone know of a good place to put a reverse light?
Just mount a rectangular backup light on the opposite corner no? Get one from the auto parts store?

Phatty :mrgreen:

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL I bought my set from Larry Kyosai. Phatmiata i think that's your set.
opps nevermind, Tony says he got his from Larry, got confused cause i sold him my seats, so i guess those were my taillights! hahaha give them back damnit!!! ](*,)

Tony, what other goodies you got latley? :mrgreen:

PhatMiata

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Sequence Number 1280
3,051 Posts
crazy eh.. roots.... tail lights have roots... hahhaha.. family history ahahaha.

TeRRy
glad to help anytime.

for the reverses, buy some super bright LED license plate bolts and use them as reverses... OR... custom the reverse into the 3rd brake light area.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have mine on for over 5 years and i never had a problem with no reserve lights. But the License plate LED bolts sounds like a good idea.

·
1,213 Posts
not forgetting that Barchetta is producing a limited ( 25 sets ) run with the full permission of Hayashi :D

a little more expensive than the set on ebay but definately still in production !!!

I am considering selling on my unfitted zoom units and adding myself to the list :roll:

where? is that a trade secret?

http://barchetta-x.hp.infoseek.co.jp/goods.htm

http://barchetta-x.hp.infoseek.co.jp/newpart.htm

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone know of a good place to put a reverse light?
Ah ha! There is your back up light too!! looks nice and only $15 bucks!! Tony, Joel, and ccheung, that is for you!!! I dont think KG Works even offered that backup light when he sold them on his website!! :shock:

Terry, you know we have been around too long in the world of Miata parts, to see parts come and go, and come back again!! hahaha =D>

Phatty
Resistance IS Futile! :shock:

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
crazy eh.. roots.... tail lights have roots... hahhaha.. family history ahahaha.

TeRRy
glad to help anytime.

for the reverses, buy some super bright LED license plate bolts and use them as reverses... OR... custom the reverse into the 3rd brake light area.
any pics / links to the super bright LED license plate bolts????

1 - 20 of 28 Posts