ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought a set of Schrothe Rallye 4 Street legal Harnesses. I didnt think about it at the time, but those are Bolt in only. Its been over a month and so Im prolly stuck with them. My question is; Is it possible to bolt these harnesses somewhere on an NA, or should I bite the bullet, get the wrap around type and sell the ones I have now?

Keep in mind Im not looking to weld or do anything do drastic. Thanks for the help

Edit: Could I run the harness around my Harness bar, and connect it with the bolts that keep the seat rail to the floor. Safely?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes. All 4 can be bolted into the holes where your seats go.

However, you'll have to go to Home Depot and get a longer bolt for all of them. You might be get away with the rear 2 bolts but the front 2 was too short when I put my harness in. Just get all 4 bolts to be safe.

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice the picture... What you can do is see if it'll reach if you use the seat belt tower hole + the seat belt clip in hole. The side straps can just go on the bottom of the seat.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
I'm not very familiar with the bolt in styles but I'd be wary and probably get wrap around.

Whatever you do refer to Schroths installation guide when determining belt angles. Ditching them in favor of a 5 or 6 pt is probably not a bad idea either. Remember backing plates, graded hardware and follow bar wrapping procedures/proper angels!

http://www.schrothracing.com/docs/Schroth_Installation_Checklist.pdf

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Yes. All 4 can be bolted into the holes where your seats go.

However, you'll have to go to Home Depot and get a longer bolt for all of them. You might be get away with the rear 2 bolts but the front 2 was too short when I put my harness in. Just get all 4 bolts to be safe.

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice the picture... What you can do is see if it'll reach if you use the seat belt tower hole + the seat belt clip in hole. The side straps can just go on the bottom of the seat.

Bolting into bottom of seat is dangerous.

Do not do that, if you have a roll bar you can buy these and attatch them to it. Or a harness bar will work.

http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-3-slide-bar.html?productid=876

You will be able to use those. They sell them in 2" and 3" so make sure you get right one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts