ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody !

I'm Alexandre, I'm from France and at the moment I live in Evian (yes, like the water and I can get some for free !). I like a lot of things, of course all automotive stuff, and I attend to or organise regularly some events and trips with local buddies. I also love photography (I'll post some at the end of this post), cooking, airsoft, video-games and a lot of other things.

I've been lurking on clubroadster for a while now, saving tons of pics and reading a lot of interesting stuff on here.

How do I came accross this forum ? That's simple : I love almost all type of cars, but I particularly like Japanese, British, and oldies. My first car was an '88 CRX (D16A9 with a few power and chassis stuff), but it got destroyed in an accident. I was student at this moment so didn't bought another car until now, borrowing my father's Grande Punto Abarth when needed. But I always thought I should get a RWD after this, and the NA Miata fitted perfectly my tastes and price range. I got so no-life about it that a good friend decided to try one, and bought an US import Miata 1.8 : when he got me behind the wheel, I instantly knew I was right ! After that, I met with local roadster owners, and really liked the spirit around the community.

So I went today in Switzerland to see a car, and bought it : a 94' Classic Red MX-5 NA8 I'm going to bring home next week ! I'll get some decent photos at this time, after a nice wash & little detailling.

So it's bone stock except 15" wheels (nothing exciting, I'll trade them for something looking more appropriate) and a DVD 1DIN unit

139.000 km, full Mazda maintenance booklet and perfect mechanical condition. Body's good, though not perfect (2 little hits, I'll get a friend on popping them back), and driver's seat is fucked up. Otherwise there's nothing else wrong, and I'm very happy with that when I think about the price ^^

So now, I won't be crazy on it in the first months since I need to save a lil bit, and I want to drive it and learn to know it as it is now, and then take advantage of autumn / winter to work on the car.

I have great ambitions for this one : I want to make it look good, fast on our local mountain roads while keeping it fun and streetable / "easy" to live on long road trips (I'm planning to do this often ^_^ ). I also want it to be well-made and make things clean.
I looked and liked a lot of Miatas on the net, but I would say a few cars are inspiring me : revlimiter's Sharka, r2limited's white, Mr.Woolery's Pit Crew and Chris Lee's black flared are some examples of well-done jobs, and I'd be proud if I can one day reach such high quality levels ;) But I'll tell you more about my plans later !

And now : PICTURES ! (With a Nikon D40 / Sigma 70-300 / Tamron 17-50 F2.8 / etc.)

My ex-CRX :

My father's Abarth :

Holyver's Miata :

MX-5 on snow :

Col du Corbier stuff (lived here a few years) :

Random meets :

... and I think I took all these from only 20% of all the albums I have, but it may be more appropriate to get some links in an appropriate topic as there's already too much pics now^^

·
Registered
116 Posts
Salut,

Bienvenue dans le club! :)
(Je jalouse les Focus RS SVT et les modèles compacts AWD d'europe :( )

S'il y a quoi que ce soit, ne te gène pas.

Have FUN!

Tony~

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.