ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been turbo'd before and now i'm s/c'd.

just got the kit in. among other things i've done to the car, i'm anticipating ~180rwhp, which is where i want to be.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Nice! It's rare to see someone go from turbo to supercharger, but I agree with you that I prefer the supercharger.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i like the driveability of the s/c the can is more predictable under cornering because the added power is easier to modulate. i've been to 15 psi on a turbo. it's exciting, but it doesn't drive like a miata anymore.

tam, i haven't gotten to the j&s yet, i will try it again tomorrow, i suspect i just made a bad connection.

the s/c is far more subtle than a turbo, it's easier to get into the power and the delivery is linear. just as a base kit, it's nice. 200+ rwhp is useless in these cars. where are you going to use it? imho, going over 200 is more of a hassle than it's worth.

thanks for the compliments! much to do, but it runs well, and the car now has the muscle to back up it's appearance.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it sounds nice. the whine is interesting and the exhaust is louder.

as for intercooling, i'm not sure. i am concerned about CARB. for the time being, i have a water injection system i need to install when i put on the different pulleys.

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
What is this water injection you speak of? will it work for turos too?

Also will you be giving rides at KINOD on fri?

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
water injection typically works off a hobbs or pressure switch. at X amount of boost, the switch turns on the pump and water or water-methanol (windshield fluid) or water-alcohol through a tiny nozzle into the intake tract or plenum. the fluid cools the intake charge considerably.

the hobbs switch and nozzles are adjustable and the fluid going in is a fine atomized mist.

a lot of people over on miataturbo.net run a water injection system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts