ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the engine out i took the opportunity to test fit a new brake booster delete plate design.

A mate helped with the design after a discussion about ITB runner length issues in RHD mx5s . A well credentialed mechanical engineer, this bloke is good to throw ideas about with. I noted the few commercially available booster delete kits relied on a single circuit Wilwood master cylinder.
That was enough to have him up late at night on solidworks designing a mount plate for me. I aimed to use a standard dual circuit 7/8" mazda brake master cylinder and settled on an Astina/lantis/323 master due to the hardline ports arrangement, and raised the mounting position to effect an easier pedal ratio.

This plate moves the master and pushrod attachment point 20mm higher increasing the brake pedal throw but reducing the force required to apply brakes.
The plate is laser cut from 2mm stainless steel providing a firm base and uses larger m10 and m8 high tensile bolts to mount it to the firewall and pedal assembly.
The laser cutter required a minimum order of five plates so i have a few spares i can provide if interested.

Brap tax:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks great. I did the same thing, but not as artistic as yours. Works great.
Curious if you are happy with the ait sensor location ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The clutch master comes from the same source as the brake master, an aussie delivered 4 cyl' 97 BA Mazda Astina. The clutch master is a little more compact and in standard form uses a feed from the brake master fluid reservoir.
The brake master is more or less the same as the later nb masters that but the port arrangement is different with a single rear brake feed at front top and two front brake feeds at rear bottom and right hand.

Ait sensor seems to be sweet where it is but it was meant to be a temporary solution until i worked out an airbox design for the itbs and could mount sensor through the airbox.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers mate.
It all looks a bit ratty at the moment after oil leaked through the oil pan seals, spun off the crank damper and spat all over the place.
Here's a bonus action shot of engine install after replacing pan seals this week, a good view of the water pump plumbing there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts