ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup dudes. I work a minimum wage job part time so I'm kinda poor. This is the transformation of my car in about 9 months.

I bought the car for $2900 with 167k. When I first got it, it was on some sort of shitty OEM replacement shocks with Tein lowering springs but it actually handled pretty well. But who wants a well handling Miata? :woolery:

This is the picture I got from the seller. 15x7 Team Dynamics Racing 1.2, Hard Dog street soll bar, and sweet lime green brake calipers

On the way home it idled like ass, and was misfiring. The idle dip solution on m.net helped a lot, as did new plug wires

I think this was the 2nd day I owned it

Me "Hey does the top leak at all?"
100% trustworthy rican (no offense) seller "Na man not at all"

5 gallons of water later

Leaky water pump about 2 months into ownership

KG Works Type S Starter switch that worked only when it decided it wanted to. Sold that to Yellowihss

At this point I was questioning what the hell I did buying this car as I didn't really know **** about cars when I bought it.

Then I bought some Raceland coils

Sold the old suspension setup, and ordered some wheels
15x8 +10. The seller actually sent me 3 +10 offset wheels, and (1) 0 offset I recommend not listening to the internet when it comes to asking about 0 offset wheels. They scared me away, and I was amazed at how easily 0 offset actually fits. The seller overnighted me another wheel without me sending mine back first and I got that all sorted out.

Lowered with the new wheels

Then I lowered it more (this is what racelands with helper springs look like maxed out), and my mom got me a GV rep lip for christmas

Grip Royal woodie and 9k racing bubble knob

Free custom exhaust from a buddy of mine. Magnaflow catback with custom tip off the muffler

My soft top came unlatched on the way home from the mall with my buddy when I hit a dip in the road and the plastic basically shattered, so I figured why not buy a hardtop

Then I got stupid and really lowered it

Added a 15mm spacer to the rear

Raised it up a tad in the front and rear. And that's my transformation so far. My plans are to slowly piece together a turbo setup, buy better coils and wheels, and who knows what else.

So far this car has been a huge learning experience thanks to me messing **** up, and a good friend of mine being an Infiniti technician. I really cannot even imagine ever getting rid of this car.

Sorry if it seemed repetitive or stupid. I'm bored as hell with nothing better to do.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I got a pair of Bride knock offs, and a knock off G-Wing (sorry Project G!)

2 hours and a huge headache later, the seat is in. I plan on only putting in one for now, until I get a set of nice brackets/sliders. The universal ones are a pain in the ass, but they really aren't as bad as everyone makes them to be. I'm at least 1-2 inches lower on stock sliders.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice! i honestly really like the mismatched hardtop

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not much has been going on with my car lately due to me being poor. Sorry ahead of time for the instagram pics lol

Got bigger spacers (25mm)

Took out the buckets. Might get some Gias reps so it's not such a pain in the ass to get in and out of the car, while still holding me tight when I drive like a bastard

Got some love from I Love Driving Slow

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
I think the stradia has lower bolsters than the gias it you are looking to make it easier to get in and out. The gias still has huge bolsters, might be worse than the buckets actually.

Both are sold as reps on eBay too.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So everything went as planned (surprisingly) today and I bought my wheels and got them put on.

Klutch Republik 15x8.5 with a 195/45. I think I'm going to get extended studs up from and a 30mm spacer for the rear. Still have some more changes coming very soon. I'm going away from the old school japanese theme, and trying to make the car look a little more classy and less stand out-ish

1 - 20 of 57 Posts