ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember my old Smart 450, here is the old eurotuner article if you want to read about it.

Iv given the project to work on my friends Smart 450. Its been parked for a few years. So he gave me a call and let me know its ready to get it back on the road!

We had the car towed to my shop where all the fun happens.

The 450 is remarkably in great shape. The work that we did/doing on it is

Install new Brabus exhaust
Install New Brabus exhaust grill
Brabus Widestar Fenders
Brabus Suspension
Install new Brabus streering wheel + program paddleshifters
Program Brabus Tune Map
Install Brabus Chargecooler, very rare!
Brabus wheels to be stripped and powdercoated Gunmetal
Install Oilcooler
Install Larger TIK Pipe
Install Tarox 6 Big Brake Kit
Front Spacers (to clear brakes)
Realign Cabrio Top

We might put on the larger turbo from B.I.G since we have 2 sets around.

I'm probably missing somethings in there but theres a jist of it.

Picture after the car was put back together, detailed, installed the Brabus exhaust, and Brabus exhaust grill.

Then it was decided that we should throw on the Brabus Chargecooler, oilcooler (which will be water), bosch electric pump (pumps 1200 liters of water every minute!), and Tarox 6-piston brakes.

I'm going to make a custom mount for the oilcooler front mounted. Top front of the radiator. There will be plenty of air to still be able to pass through.

This is where we are so far on it. I just need to plumb and make the mounts. Old intercooler and fan has already been removed. I'm waiting for a bosch connector for the Bosch pump! I'll update this thread as I go.​

·
3,857 Posts
"Go big or go home! " in a smart = hayabusa

·
Registered
262 Posts
WAIT WUT?! You're Perzbenz from 190revolution. No f-ing way dude. You had like the cleanest smoke silver 2.3-16 on the whole forum. I still have mine but it just sits under a cover at my parent's house. I'm wayyy more into Miatas now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wow I was all over 190rev till I got miataz. Bilsteins, euro lights, brake upgrade, other Exterior stuff I dont remember, that was a great forum

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
This is sorta funny. I just picked up my new smart car on Monday. Bright white with white safety cell with the red interior. The best passion combo possible. But here we only could get the 70hp gas motor. They stopped importing the diesels. Fully loaded too. The navigation is nice. Although the flappy paddle gearbox is a bit slow though.

Edit: now I want the genius wheels in gloss black for the car. It would look fantastic. It's only got about 158km on the clock haha

·
Registered
984 Posts
I dont personally get why you would bother lol, :p Reminds me of this..

But man, if you have cash to burn just have fun! :D Looks like it should be a good laugh for sure :) :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WAIT WUT?! You're Perzbenz from 190revolution. No f-ing way dude. You had like the cleanest smoke silver 2.3-16 on the whole forum. I still have mine but it just sits under a cover at my parent's house. I'm wayyy more into Miatas now.
Haha! babyhands! Oh the Rev was so much fun but there's only so much you can do. Although, there's like 5 16v's here at the shop :|. I also found Miata's to be a lot more fun to play with.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
What are you going to do about the gearbox? That's always the suckiest part on a smart.
I wouldn't mind having a roadster coupe with a Hayabusa engine myself though :p.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Perzbenz, a bit off topic, but do you happen to go to the In-n-out in foothill a lot? I think I see you come in often, in either the merc or this.

Great work on the smart!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are you going to do about the gearbox? That's always the suckiest part on a smart.
I wouldn't mind having a roadster coupe with a Hayabusa engine myself though :p.
Yeah, the shifting is really sluggish on the Smarts! The Brabus map will change that though. The shifting will be significantly quicker

Perzbenz, a bit off topic, but do you happen to go to the In-n-out in foothill a lot? I think I see you come in often, in either the merc or this.

Great work on the smart!
Yeah! That's me. I'm guessing yours is the stormtrooper wagon?

·
Registered
659 Posts
How did you able to register older gen Smart car in U.S? I thought only the newer gen smart cars are released in the states... Great looking smart btw.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How did you able to register older gen Smart car in U.S? I thought only the newer gen smart cars are released in the states... Great looking smart btw.
Thanks. Its pretty difficult from what I know to get them registered. G&K in HB can do it but its expensive. My friend did ours... i'm not quite sure how it was done though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've made the change to intercooler exactly like you with the same materials. I have installed the radiator of 'intercoller front of the engine cooling radiator but in the summer, especially with the air conditioning turned on, my very smart raises the temperature. I think so the engine radiator is not hit by a significant air flow because I added the radiator intercooler front and it is not very small. Do you have some advice? The same happens to you too? I'm here in Sicily and the heat reaches 40 degrees in summer. I am waiting for your information.

Greetings

·
Super Moderator
6,568 Posts
Hi, I've made the change to intercooler exactly like you with the same materials. I have installed the radiator of 'intercoller front of the engine cooling radiator but in the summer, especially with the air conditioning turned on, my very smart raises the temperature. I think so the engine radiator is not hit by a significant air flow because I added the radiator intercooler front and it is not very small. Do you have some advice? The same happens to you too? I'm here in Sicily and the heat reaches 40 degrees in summer. I am waiting for your information.

Greetings
I wouldn't wait too long, the last time something was posted was over 5 years ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts