ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was sick of driving around a 79' Datsun pickup, so I set out on a one day, and only day search for the perfect daily driver.

I began at Mazda, looking at a new 06' Miata, however my budget did not fit the $375 monthly payment. I even looked at used Civics, Integras, Explorers, etc... but was not happy with how they drove or looked.

As I began getting fed up with the search I started heading home when I noticed out of the corner of my eye what looked like a silver miata at a local Nissan dealership...I decided to stop by and check it out. Sure enough... low and behold was a beautiful 2003 Silver Yata with a blue softtop.

With a $15,888 price tag, I was pretty convinced I'd be driving my beat to hell pickup home. I decided I would atleast take this gorgeous machine out for a test drive. Boy did I scare the hell out of the salesman. It was his fault for taking me down a windy road! :twisted:

After returning to the dealership, the saleman asked me what I was looking to pay and I told him no more than $200/month. He didnt think he could get it done, but after 4 hours of negotiation and several free pepsis, I was finally sitting in the finance office signing papers, and driving away with a payment at a little over $200/month, and a WAY lower price tag, not 30 minutes later.

It's no Mazdaspeed, but man do I love driving it! It's so responsive and and handles like a dream. Thanks to Nissan I've got a new Mazda! :D

sorry for the long story, but it truly was the most fustrating thing I've ever had to do without my parents getting involved.

Attachments

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
yeah i got two miata's i am working on right now and its sooo lame one is my 93 and the other is my friends 96m which is his daily driver that has been down for 2 months and looks like we got another month till we get it running....so yeah we never get anything done.

i got a 1.8l rear end that needs to go in my car for a month and i just dont have the time :(

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Nice purchase, heard the news from Ben. Never thought you were going to pick up another miata. I thought you were going to pick up the 240sx from Matt?

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice purchase, heard the news from Ben. Never thought you were going to pick up another miata. I thought you were going to pick up the 240sx from Matt?
89' 240sx or 03' miata... which would you choose?
:lol:

You just from one crack pipe to a newer crack pipe, that's all,haha.
yes miatas are addicting like crack... i dont know what to do with myself having 2 of them. :?

·
Registered
255 Posts
How low did he end up going and how many miles are on it? I may be picking up a 2001 w/ 30K and no body add ons and just want to see what kind of price I should be looking at...that is, if you dont mind me asking muwuhuahw :wink:

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Nice, best of both worlds...

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How low did he end up going and how many miles are on it? I may be picking up a 2001 w/ 30K and no body add ons and just want to see what kind of price I should be looking at...that is, if you dont mind me asking muwuhuahw :wink:
They went close to $3K below asking price plus the $1500 for my beat up truck. I also gave up a $1K down payment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts