ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be putting AE ITBs on my car and looking to do a BB delete to simply the vacuum lines. Has anybody used the chase bays kit? If so what else did you need to install it? I’ve got Wilson dynalites in the front and I’ll be doing NB sports in the rear. I’m also open to other setups for BB deletes, any advice or feed back is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
In general if you delete the booster then you have to compensate with either the caliper piston bores (they need to get bigger) or by increasing the pedal ratio (modify your pedal pivot point) and adapt in a larger master cylinder.

Pretty sure there is a thread on Miataturbo.net from a few guys that have done this on a Miata.

·
Registered
15 Posts
another option for removing the booster / vaccuum servo is to make a twin-cylinder 'bias' adjustable setup like used on race & rally cars.

I've found this link (NOT MY WORK) called
Brake Booster Delete
on

miataturbo . net
/suspension-brakes-drivetrain
-49/brake-booster-delete-86683/
as an idea but I am building slightly diferent for my car :D

the standard Mazda pedal ratio is a little harsh for a non-assisted system (iirc it is 4:1??)

you can remedy this by lowering the main pedal-pivot (by shortening the pedal) and re-drilling the pedalbox frame to get closer to 5.2:1 ratio...

although this is a 'work-in-progress' for me-:(

few more posts & I can add images:mrgreen:

Rich.

·
Registered
15 Posts
another option for removing the booster / vaccuum servo is to make a twin-cylinder 'bias' adjustable setup like used on race & rally cars.

I've found this link (NOT MY WORK) called on

as an idea but I am building slightly diferent for my car :D

the standard Mazda pedal ratio is a little harsh for a non-assisted system (iirc it is 4:1??)

you can remedy this by lowering the main pedal-pivot (by shortening the pedal) and re-drilling the pedalbox frame to get closer to 5.2:1 ratio...

although this is a 'work-in-progress' for me-:(

few more posts & I can add images:mrgreen:

Rich.

sorry for the blatant quote but need postcount to post images:smile9:

Rich.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m not too terribly worried about effort, I have monster legs, had to drive mine on total stock brakes when I was doing some diag and plugged my BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just did a booster delete on my car. Because I did not want to deal with it with the itb’s also.

I built my own mounting plate. I raised the stock master cylinder up and built a new push rod and raised the attachment point on the pedal to achieve about a 6:1 pedal ratio.

This is a dp autocross car. Have ran a few events and am pleased with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts