ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and a buddy tackled out the new brakes today, napa rotors and hp+ pads. Everything on front went fine (when driving I can hear the front contacting the pad though). <-- problem with front.

Back the piston wouldnt push back in at all, either we were doing something wrong or my pistons are seized? One sign that might help was my outter brake pad was worn absolutely horrible 1-2mm left of pad, and the other side still had like 4-5mm?

Can you please help:[

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Dang, that's ironic cuz Rich was just telling me about this the other day... did you get it fixed yet?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nah I am just goign to wait for my one friend to get a free day so I can take it there, for now we just put old stuff back in rear. Fronts all good to go but could someone explain why it still makes contacts in front?
Can you be more descriptive with the contact issue? Whats contacting what?

On the rear if the retracting bolt is seized the piston can also be turned in. Just rotate the piston clockwise and it will retract itself.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont know I was tired of working on the car so went for a test drive and everything seemed fine but when I put car in N I could hear the pads hitting the rotor (I think) lightly in front. When ym car was on jacks when I spun front wheel with my hand it also had contact on the pads very slightly you could hear it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My brother and I just finished up my brakes yesterday. Yeah the rears were kinda weird, after a few failed attempts at pushing the piston in we just googled that ****.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Question. My slider bolt in the back looks like its been through hell and back.....could a seized piston be the cause of it? Does that mean my caliper is fucked?

I am just wondering why the one brake pad was done to the bottom and other side on side axle it was like halfway left..

·
Registered
61 Posts
almost did the same thing on mine... the rears suck

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
How do the rears suck? Remove the 10mm bolt/plug to reveal a 6mm hex head. Makes adjusting how the pads sit a breeze and really doesn't take too long.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Try cleaning the pins. When I did brakes the first time this happend to me. Went for a test drive and the front wheels were hot!! Turns out that the pins were sticking. Clean the heck out of them and check them for scoring or any discoloration. Then get some sandpaper and make them smooth. Then lube them.

I found that this worked. Anyone??

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Question. My slider bolt in the back looks like its been through hell and back.....could a seized piston be the cause of it? Does that mean my caliper is fucked?

I am just wondering why the one brake pad was done to the bottom and other side on side axle it was like halfway left..
Had the exact same thing. Saw one side was worn down to metal so I ordered new pads. TLS Rome everything down and didn't know anything about the set screw. I actually broke a c clamp trying to retract the piston. Beyond that, my slider pin was frozen and wouldn't move. Ended up replacing that caliper. The rest were fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts