ClubRoadster.net banner

Brake Pad Install gone wrong!:[

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  ChrisJuliano 
#1 ·
So me and a buddy tackled out the new brakes today, napa rotors and hp+ pads. Everything on front went fine (when driving I can hear the front contacting the pad though). <-- problem with front.

Back the piston wouldnt push back in at all, either we were doing something wrong or my pistons are seized? One sign that might help was my outter brake pad was worn absolutely horrible 1-2mm left of pad, and the other side still had like 4-5mm?

Can you please help:[

#10 ·
I dont know I was tired of working on the car so went for a test drive and everything seemed fine but when I put car in N I could hear the pads hitting the rotor (I think) lightly in front. When ym car was on jacks when I spun front wheel with my hand it also had contact on the pads very slightly you could hear it.

#12 ·
Question. My slider bolt in the back looks like its been through hell and back.....could a seized piston be the cause of it? Does that mean my caliper is fucked?

I am just wondering why the one brake pad was done to the bottom and other side on side axle it was like halfway left..

#17 ·
Had the exact same thing. Saw one side was worn down to metal so I ordered new pads. TLS Rome everything down and didn't know anything about the set screw. I actually broke a c clamp trying to retract the piston. Beyond that, my slider pin was frozen and wouldn't move. Ended up replacing that caliper. The rest were fine.

#16 ·
Try cleaning the pins. When I did brakes the first time this happend to me. Went for a test drive and the front wheels were hot!! Turns out that the pins were sticking. Clean the heck out of them and check them for scoring or any discoloration. Then get some sandpaper and make them smooth. Then lube them.

I found that this worked. Anyone??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.