ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got a 91 na and i want to upgrade the brakes to a 01 nb. want i dont know is what else do i need to change besides the calipers to fit the new rotors? do i change the brake lines, do i still use the same brake fluid or what...yes yes i am a noob so sue me, haa! any help will be greatly appreciated..thanks :?:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would imagine that the fitting is the same, so it should be a matter of getting the calipers and rotors. You will most likely need the dust shields too.

Fluid is the same MAN. Although, why not go with some better brake lines (ss)?

·
Mufasa in Training
32,871 Posts
Basically, all you really need are the following:

1.) 01+ Calipers
2.) 01+ Pads
3.) 01+ Rotors
4.) New brake fluid. It need not be a different brand, but if you're going to be messing with the brakes, brake fluid is too cheap to not replace it (since you're going to need to flush the system when you're done, anyway).

Basically the stuff outlined here or here except you need the corresponding 01+ parts listed above, IIRC.

You could go with new brake lines if you want, and technically 01+ cars have a bigger master cylinder, but this is not absolutely needed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome thanks guys now i know exactly what to do and come back here and be like "ok so i messed up" lol...again thanks...where can i get those "caliper brackets" local dealer or is that to expensive?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts