ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-i was at the bsp meet last weekend and noticed all the socalm guys were running cbs, mainly the handheld cobra units for doing canyon runs. i had a cobra 18wxstII lying around and threw it in my dash today. i got to say the fit is excellent, although i may make a small bezel out of cf later.
- what are you guys running? and specifically what about antennas, i know some guys use the oem for cb, how is this done? mines just sitting in the dash for now #-o

·
Registered
592 Posts
The Canucks always have their CBs at the Gap!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
freedomgli- most of the ones i saw at the meet were cobra 75 wx st's (i think thats the #) the box is hidden under your seat and you control all functions on the handset. i'd get that unit if i had the $ and were worried about theft.
- also these guys were running their cb signals through their factory antennas, so you havent got a big ol' whip. a very stealthy install!

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
pretty sure you can get an adapter so you can use your stock antenna. I think it connects behind your radio, like if you have an aftermarket head unit. Not sure if it interferes with radio operation. check jcwhitney.com I think thats where I saw them a while ago.

I have one in my van, sometimes pretty entertaining on roadtrips. especially useful for finding out why the hell you are stuck in a traffic jam too.

actually brian, I think thats the exact model I have. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
I usually take a handheld for the long trips, other than that, i just use the jelly phone :)

PhatMiata

·
Registered
52 Posts
I run the Cobra 75WXST. All the controls are in the handset. The actual installed box is about the size of a cigarette package. Nice and stealthy.

Jeff Anderson makes a splitter specifically for the Miata. You can find some info here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts