ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, the title kind of says it all. My miata refused to start earlier and i go to check if i had a loose terminal and it turns out to be the whole negative cable is cut in half. I can start it if i touch the wire to the post. What should I do? I have heard that you can replace just the negative cable because it runs through the harness? Any ideas?

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
it runs through the harness???
get some 0 or 2 gauge wire - attach a terminal
ground somewhere in the trunk. sand the paint off before attaching ground.
i don't see why that wouldn't work, but electrical **** isn't my forte

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
.... The negative cable founds out in the trunk. It's just installed with a bolt. Go to Canadian tire, buy a generic 1' negative battery cable and replace it. $15 fix

·
Registered
109 Posts
Did your cable going to the harness split or did the one from the battery terminal to where it bolts to the body break? I have a different cable I made from the body to battery but I still have my harness ground at the same spot with a simple ring terminal.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it goes from the negative post into a larger wrap with a bunch of other wires. Does that end up at a bolt in the trunk? It goes behind the spare tire. I couldnt really see as it it was snowing and pitch black out.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Strip and crimp. Simple fix.
At least take the spare tire out man!!!
Flashlight that ****, be a man!

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Strip and crimp. Simple fix.
At least take the spare tire out man!!!
Flashlight that ****, be a man!
Do this but please disconnect the battery and pull it out of car before doing it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts