Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BrainStorm Lo-pro Headlights

$300 OBO <-- That's Or Best Offer but forget asking if I'll sell them for $50. I will hang onto them first.

Comes with all you see except the 2x4s. Get your own at Home Depot. These boards are mine! Includes factory brackets, actuator arms and motors. No idea if the motors work but they turn freely manually.

Here's a little history:

The original lo-pro kit was created by KG Works of Japan but BrainStorm copied them as they did with most of their products. Their quality was always questionable and thus BrainStorm is out of business. Others have followed and created better kits and others have continued the tradition of making "meh" kits.

Why you should buy them.

Here we have the original "meh" lo-pros! What a freaking deal man! These are pure vintage Miata parts with electronics inspired by Lucas just like the old British roadsters! If you want to go vintage, nothing like crappy wiring to give you that nostalgic feel.

What to expect.

This is a DIY kit. No instructions and I have no idea how to wire them up. You'll know you wired them wrong if they don't work and/or you see smoke. This is a great kit for someone who likes a challenge. The challenge being, which wire goes where and if you get them working, the new challenge will be at night when you ask, "Is that a dog in the road?" or "Where the curb?"

Do you want to be the envy of all your friends?

If you want "the look" of the expensive $600 kits but don't have the cheese for those kits, here is your answer. You could try retro-fitting better lights in as I was going to do. I just don't have the time or patience to try to improve them. You can polish a turd though. Mythbusters proved it.

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
$300 for these is a crackhead price...

Good luck, still...

·
Old Threads > New Threads
5,270 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.