ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
New old stock

I found a set of factory painted NOS small NB1 side skirts on ebay a while back. Super cheap too. I bought and they sat for a couple months. Then I installed. Then the pix sat on my HD for a couple months. And now here they are.

Love my ESCO jack stands.

http://revlimiter.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/DSC_7032.jpg

These 3 pieces of cardboard are factory calibrated measuring devices. I'm not even joking. The horribly written instructions tell you to use them at various steps, in different ways. Poorly.

mmmm. holes.

A half hour of puzzling with the instructions and fiddling with the cardboard got these three holes drilled. They were... kinda in the right place. I had to slot the plastic frame a bit to make everything fit. I guess perhaps cardboard can change after 15 years in a box?

Bah. What am I thinking? Mazda cardboard could never change. ever.

Slider frame installed.

Yuck.

I had no idea this quantity of **** lived behind the wheel liner. Most looked like mountain ****. Bucky lived in the mountains for his first two years. Could some of these twigs be 13 years old?

Skirt mocked up. The tape gets cut and used to mark as the final mounting level.

Ta-da!

Naked.

Skirted.

So pretties!

I really dig these. They add just the right amount of curve down low.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks guys!!!

Not usually a fan of the side skirts...

I like these.
I think the factory paint helps. Having it the right color really goes a long way vs a rattle can that's not quite the same. Also, thanks!

How the fark do you have the time / patience to do much setup for much quality photographies?
Er... the install shots were just snapped as I went. Not any effort, really. But it WAS 2 months between those and the final pix at the bottom of the post. lol

·
Hardparker Extraordinaire
3,388 Posts
Makes me miss my NB.

Looks great already and I'm sure you'll only improve it further as with sharka

·
Registered
245 Posts
Woot! Another Rev build thread! Glad to see Bucky getting some love after guest starring in the Sharka build.

I'm with Mattesa though, I have no idea how you manage to get pictures in while doing things. I get so focused on the work that I'll have a couple shots in the beginning, and then when I'm done go "****! I was supposed to keep taking pictures along the way!"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pix are awesome, and your attention to detail is top notch. Could this mean mean future NB specific retro parts? :)

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
New steering wheel time!

I found this one on yahoo Japan for nearly free and just couldn't say no. Shipping made it not-free, but it was still a hell of a deal. It's a Nardi Gara Sport, I think. They're not really rare, I just don't often see them. Seemed like a neat wheel to put in a more modern Roadster.

And a plastic horn button. Far out! I've only ever had a metal Nardi button. I never knew they had an OEM plastic one.

A bit of wear from the previous owners. The leather was fine, it was just the dye that had rubbed free. So...

As close to completely stripped as I could get. The leather really held onto that dye. But that's a good thing.

Re-dyed. Much prettier.

And installed!

The wheel feels really great. The anatomic hand holds at 3 and 9 are lovely. They're deep and grippy and help you keep your thumb not wrapped around the rim. And the flat bottom is lovely. When just cruising down the road, I often keep my hands at 6:00-ish. Bad habit, but this wheel really makes it a comfy bad habit.

And there's some pretty gauges peeking out.

Version Circuit - Bucky's first new set of gauges in more than a year.

It's all about that red wedge. They're designed for maximum contrast and visibility.

Inspiration included a Spyker, my own MX-8 gauges, Pacman99's FC gauges, and a few random Ferrari gauges.

The night-mode wedge is kinda cool. I'm rather proud.

Ready to drive.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I almost picked one of those up from rev9, purely on impulse.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts