ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which seat would choose and why. I really have a soft spot for Bride Seats, but I cant really justify spending $1600.00 for a set of seats for my NA miata that is just a street car. Once I finish my FD then yes, my NA no. I mainly use my NA as a street car. Auto X / Open Track day for the fun of it less then 6 times a year. I run c stock with my NB, so I need to keep my stock seats. I am building a FC for SCCA, but i wouldnt even dare to put one of these seats in. I know they are not FIA approved. However I couldnt find anything saying that they are unsafe or death traps. I just want something that holds better than stock and can run a 4 point incase I am going to auto x, drift, drive spiritedly, or whatever with it. I really think that both seats look awesome and are great prices. So let me know what you would choose and why one over the other.

P.S I have looked into other seat options i.e sparco, corbeau, cobra, etc. and none of them really do anything for me. This is mainly a street/fun car and thats all.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I can attest to the quality of the Memory Fab seat. I loved it and it held me tight in the seat. Its lightweight, strong and looks killer to boot. Its just a pia to get in and out of for daily driving.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Havent tried the Mem Fab, but I personally own a pair of buddy club with good results. I had Sparco spring/pro2k prior which didnt keep me planted as I was 5'9 130# 32w when. The buddy club kept me snug in there and the vehicle ended up being used daily. During a spirited run, I never have to brace myself with my thighs like I did with the sparcos or especially stockers. Passengers assume the suspension is beyond great due to no slop, but I figure its the seat. Excellent seat even over the FIA Sparcos for more narrow framed people.

·
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I am 31-32 waist. 5' 11", and 168 lbs. If i go with the BC's, then I am debating to get the regular or the wide version.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I can attest to the quality of the Memory Fab seat. I loved it and it held me tight in the seat. Its lightweight, strong and looks killer to boot. Its just a pia to get in and out of for daily driving.
can you take more pics of it in the car. i wanna see the clearance's it has, and how close to the ground it sits. and just how it looks

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wa interested in the Memory Fabs seats until I read some comments that they are flimsy and flex alot. Any other opinions?
Dan

·
Sponsor
1,391 Posts
Well I am 31-32 waist. 5' 11", and 168 lbs. If i go with the BC's, then I am debating to get the regular or the wide version.
i'm a very similar size to you, so you'll have to let me know how you fit in these seats.
i'm thinking about getting the buddy club as well, which comes in 2 sizes.

·
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I order one I will definately let you know ^^ I want to be able to run the smaller version so I can limit down some people who want to ride in my car haha.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm 5' 11'' 155 lbs 30-32 waist and with the bride zeta III i had it fit me amazingly. At the time i didn't think there was anything that could've fit me better and be more comfortable. Looking at the demensions, the BC and Bride seem to be about the same with a few differences. Here are links to the sizeing charts so you can compare.

Buddy Club (regular):
http://www.passwordjdm.com/product....History=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=310

Bride Zeta III (regular):
http://www.tees-usa.com/size_bucket1.html

·
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I saw them already. From my own measurements, I am like right there.

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
I wa interested in the Memory Fabs seats until I read some comments that they are flimsy and flex alot. Any other opinions?
Dan
buddy clubs are flimsy and flex.

it weighs 6 lbs or some **** ahha.

im 6' 145 30-31W and i dailyed in the normal buddy club, if i could do it again, i would get the smaller of the 2 memory Fab seats, and their rails.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree with decker. Sat in the buddy club seats at a shop and they definitely have some flex to them.

Anyone have personal experience with the memoryfab seats? Specifically their copies of the Bride Gias?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Flex is normal. Any fixed back seat you get is gonna flex some. It's the cracking you have to look out for! lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dan
buddy clubs are flimsy and flex.
True bucket seats are only as rigid as the mounts it's mounted to.. My friend had a set of buddy clubs in his civic, he only bolted up 3 of the 4 bolting points to the seat and in result there was an enormous amount of flex..

I've had my buddy club in my previous track integra and now in my miata.. It doesn't have any flex and is no where near "flimsy." It's really up to what seat brackets you use and how well you bolt them up.

And to the poster, I'd take a buddy club seat with MemoryFab low position seat sliders. I've sat in a MemoryFab seat and I didn't like it at all. You're pretty much just paying for the carbon fiber/kevlar.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts