ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Corm, I like it.
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guyysss,

UPDATE (05/06/13): Exhausts will be landing stateside in 2-3 weeks and you're more than welcomed to purchase them through me at [email protected]!

Two weeks ago, I was informed by my co-worker that Buddy Club is bringing their Spec II exhaust back for NA Miata's. They asked if I wanted to let them use my car for a quick test fit; I gladly obliged. I've always been a fan of their Spec II exhausts back in my Honda days. So I was pretty excited when I heard the new news. The test fit was spot on and is easiest to install in one piece due to the slip joint design.

"A racing spec muffler is a light weight and highly efficient muffler that is made to perform for circuit run. In its street version, to optimize torque in the low to mid speed range, it is equipped with an efficient middle silencer (resonator). Racing Spec Muffler were designed for high performance as well as meeting sound level standards. With its deep throaty tone, it echo's it racing linage.

Spec II is a specially designed system for competition use only. Its simple straight thru design creates an increase of exhaust gas velocity in order to improve efficiency. The middle silencer (resonator) on the main pipe is designed to maintain torque in the low to mid speed range.
"

Outter: 60mm
Inner: 57mm
Tip: 75mm
Weight: 13 lbs
MSRP: $599
Availability: 8-9 weeks

Here is a quick sound clip of the exhaust on the day of the test fit. Please note that the test fit was done missing a gasket and slip joint springs. I now have the missing parts installed on the car (not in/during video). Also, don't worry about all the smoke. I have a pretty bad piston ring. Burning a lottt of oil. Nothing to do with the exhaust. Lol.

And pictures. Because everybody loves pictures.

Please contact Buddy Club if you're interested in the Spec II:

Buddy Club
709 E Cedar St.
Ontario, CA 91761

Phone: (909) 923-9188
Email: [email protected]

When they are available to purchase, you are more than welcome to go through me.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
hell yeah, i am in need of an exhaust and wanted this but heard it went out of production. talk about perfect timing!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
looks awesome. always liked the sound better on hondas though, they sound better than miatas straight piped imo

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
:rice:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had one on my EG hatch back in the day (1.8 GSR swap), I liked the look but it was way too loud.

I'm guess I'm just too old now.

·
Registered
416 Posts
:icon_cheers:

Reminds me of the cars I worked on in high school, I'd have to cut my springs if I ran that exhaust and try to fit a 240 body kit on.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I love the way looks, wish it wasn't so loud and that it wouldn't rasp.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Sounds like poop.

Too loud for the street and any track that has sound regulations. There are plenty of other spec exhausts that are cheaper, lighter, quieter. Not sure what the market for this piece is.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I can't believe some of you guys in here with your JDM-humpingness. You're fawning over a $600 piece of really sharply bent pipe that sounds like hot ass? Jesus.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Thanks for sharing the video David. Looks good and (imo) sounds good. I couldn't justify the price though.

What other exhaust pieces do you have upstream?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If I wanted to run a straight pipe style exhaust, I'd probably run a racing beat midpipe (only around $130 + 30 for a flange + shipping, available in resonated and non-resonated) to a custom axleback with the tip of my choice. Cost wouldn't be more than half of this setup, and the axleback portion could be easily swapped out for the racing beat muffler if it was too loud or I got a ticket or whatever.

Sounds nice but the price is far too high for what it is.

·
Corm, I like it.
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The price is definitely high up there. But nothing I can do about it. The exhaust definitely sounds different in the video than in person.

Nothing else upstream, Nial.

·
SuperMOD
2,502 Posts
I think the exhaust is pretty awesome, but too loud for a daily driver in my opinion. Glad too see they are bringing it back, and I'd love to see some more videos of it in action.

I think Nial was asking what you are running for header and cat.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts