ClubRoadster.net banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
As suggested earlier in this thread. I am going to sell my KYB AGX 8 way adjustable shocks. They have roughly 25,XXX miles on them. I am asking $200.00. I tried to add a post to the "For Sale" thread but for some reason I don't have permission. If anybody has any questions about them or about shipping please send me a message. Thanks!

As suggested earlier in this thread. I am going to sell my KYB AGX 8 way adjustable shocks. They have roughly 25,XXX miles on them. I am asking $200.00. I tried to add a post to the "For Sale" thread but for some reason I don't have permission. If anybody has any questions about them or about shipping please send me a message. Thanks!

You have to have 30 posts to use the classifieds.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Good move going to the budget billies, and nice find on those MSM shocks. Helluva buy there.
Yeah I couldn't believe the deal I got on them. Now once I sell these AGXs I'll have the money to order some coilover sleeves and some springs.

Try and sell them on the local fb Miata pages as well.
I have them posted on several of the local pages as well as craigslist! :D

Also on a side note. Does anybody know where to find the spring insulators that go between the top of the springs and the NB top hats? My top hats didn't come with them.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
The orange things in this pic, is that what you need?

I have a set, want them for $20 local sale?

OK I did some reading and it looks like they will work perfectly for what I am doing. Sending you PM for when and where we can meet up. Thanks!

I run my Koni setup with no top isolators. Works just fine. If the ultimos are shot and can't be sold I would say use the 485lb spring for the front and get some 350lb ones off summit for the rear.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Most of my parts came in last night. Just waiting on my shocks and top hats to come back from the machine shop. Then I need to weld the extensions into the top hats and assemble everything. Shouldn't be much longer!

Discussion starter · #36 ·
So I got everything back from the machine shop last week and threw it all together and got it put in the car. Such a huge improvement over what I had before. It is like a new car. It did so much better yesterday at the autocross than it ever has before and its a lot better on the street as well.

Final Parts:

4X HD MSM Bilsteins 70,000 miles used $60
Removed the spring perches and had the C-clip groove moved down 1" at machine shop.

2X Hyperco 550 lb 6" front springs (part number CO6-550) $100

2X Hyperco 350 lb 6" rear springs (part number CO6-350) $100

4X Integra Speedthane "medium" bumpstops cut to 35mm (part number 310 3019-50) $36

4X NB tophats used with bushings and hardware $80
Modified the tophats using 2.5" exhaust tubing extended 1" front 1.5" rear

4X Allstar Performance Aluminum Coil-Over Sleeve (Only) - Penske 5" (ALL64162) $63.96

4X Allstar Performance Replacement 2.5" Coil-Over Kit Adjusting Nut (ALL64180) $55.16

4x McMaster Carr SS 1/4-20 stainless steel nylon tipped set screws (90291A537 is a pack of 10) $7.71

Reused the helper springs from the Racelands and the spacer that goes between the helper and main spring.

Machining Cost $80

Spray paint $4.00

Total Cost: $ 586.83

Here are some photos of the finished product.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
CMDaley, these spring locators won't work for you. You should just let me buy them.
Ohh and JRK12 you were correct. The spring locators didn't work for my setup. If you want them they are yours for $20. Let me know.

It was you!! I knew your car looked familiar.

I was driving my suzuka blue S2k behind you on Friday night. My girlfriend took a photo. Car looks good man. How does it feel? Suspenders look great.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
It was you!! I knew your car looked familiar.

I was driving my suzuka blue S2k behind you on Friday night. My girlfriend took a photo. Car looks good man. How does it feel? Suspenders look great.

Lol. Nice. Thanks man! The new suspension is incredible. Its like I just got a new car.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.