ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 1623 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I don't understand any of the graphs/charts above.

Please explain to me like I'm 12 and want to learn, keeping in mind of course that I'm 12.

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Damn the mt.net thread doesn't even have this much solid data.
You had me at zyduhZ
It does... it's just not so accessible at this point. It's turning into what the worst thing about the M.net thread is.

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I don't understand any of the graphs/charts above.

Please explain to me like I'm 12 and want to learn, keeping in mind of course that I'm 12.
Give me a few days to actually understand it myself.

There's a few people on this forum that would probably be able to do it now, though. Hopefully they'll see it. :)

·
See You Next Tuesday!
2,188 Posts
Impressed that you're spoon-feeding the CR crowd.
Props would be awarded, but ya know. Wrong forum.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown!

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
...Which is?
Signal:noise ratio.

Impressed that you're spoon-feeding the CR crowd.
Props would be awarded, but ya know. Wrong forum.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown!
I feel like there's a lot of people here that buy bad things simply because they don't know any better.

Just like the turbo crowd eventually ends up going with n/a track weapons, The Swagsters will eventually crave performance. :lol:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
This thread is all winner! I do wish the posts from when it was closed were still here though... it was pretty funny.

Basic explanation of a shock dyno: hydraulic or pneumatic actuator to compress and/or extend the shock. Position sensor to tell where the shock is in it's stroke vs time(used to calculate velocity), load cell used to measure force applied to the shock. Apply a force, measure the speed it moves. Repeat many times with various forces.

What the graph means: how much force is required to make the shock move at a certain velocity. Top half of the graph is compression, bottom is extension. Whether or not that line is good depends on a LOT of things and I don't pretend to know. You can't look at a graph not knowing what car it's from and say whether it's good or bad because different applications, vehicle weights, spring rates, require different definitions of "good", although if you saw a crazy jagged line that indicated no real progression or consistency, that would be "bad".

I'm no expert, just adding a bit of context. I may be wrong, so please correct me if I am.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Give me a few days to actually understand it myself.

There's a few people on this forum that would probably be able to do it now, though. Hopefully they'll see it. :)
:icon_cheers:

Thanks! This thread should be hugely helpful to tons of members...if they take the time to seek it out/read it.

21 - 40 of 1623 Posts