ClubRoadster.net banner

1601 - 1619 of 1619 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
200 shipped for NB billies from a spec car, have one season on them ~15 weekends. Thoughts? Come with two FCM bumpstops.

Seems reasonable to me. Then I spend another 35 bucks on two more bumpstops, 120 on sleeves/collars, ~150 on used springs, and then figure out the top hat situation.

Edit - 24-014892 and 24-014885 are the two part numbers on them. They appear to be in good condition with no signs of leaks in the pictures anyway.
FYI those are NA-HD part #s . SM uses the NA billstines on both the NA and NB.
general consensus on this thread is to use the NB variants. Personally i'm going to run the NA-HD and see how i like them.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Sent a follow up and heard a reply immediately. Looks like shipping went up unfortunately. Gonna cost a bit over 40 each after shipping, but that's the way it goes. They're a lot nicer than isc and that was my other alternative, besides making isc style ones.

That'll be everything I need to put these things together, besides time. I'm really looking forward to these.

·
Administrator
15,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,606
Since you're a handy dude, you could consider just cutting the tops off NB hats and welding in some pipe. That's how the ones on page 1 were made. They end up Maruha style, but with one advantage: the pipe serves as a nice locator for the spring isolators. Otherwise, no functional difference.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Since you're a handy dude, you could consider just cutting the tops off NB hats and welding in some pipe. That's how the ones on page 1 were made. They end up Maruha style, but with one advantage: the pipe serves as a nice locator for the spring isolators. Otherwise, no functional difference.
I considered that, but by the time I buy a set of NB top hats and get the pipe I'm in it for ~100 bucks.

Same with making ISC style ones. I can get the stuff to do it cheaper but.. then I have to do it.

I just want to put them on and the maruha pieces are nice so I'll pay the extra bit. I already bought new bilsteins. Might as well go the whole way.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I priced the maruha hats when I was building. About $100/pair shipped wasn’t terrible but I was deal hunting at the time. Too rich for my blood.

They are sexy tho...
Order more and they get cheaper. If you're interested then I could add some to my order.. shipping is a whole 1/3rd of a set of 4. I doubt it goes up much just adding two/four more though.

Then from there they're a 6-10 dollar flat rate box away.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
If you’re bored and like bothering them, shoot me a quote on 2. If you don’t wanna I’m good too.

Fair warning... I’m unlikely to purchase either way because I don’t need them.
Shot em an email and we'll see what they say. The absolute cheapest would be ~55 for the pair plus the shipping from me (~5-10). That's if it doesn't add on to my shipping at all.

I'll let you know what they say tomorrow, it's late over there now

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
If you’re bored and like bothering them, shoot me a quote on 2. If you don’t wanna I’m good too.

Fair warning... I’m unlikely to purchase either way because I don’t need them.
It adds 74.62 to the order to include two extras shipped to me, I expect it would be somewhere around an additional 5-10 dollars to ship them to you once they get here.

Let me know if you're interested

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m planning on buying top hats from two six Motorsport, is the lower nb bushing compatible with this hat or is everyone using something else?

·
Administrator
15,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,619
I’m planning on buying top hats from two six Motorsport, is the lower nb bushing compatible with this hat or is everyone using something else?

Bushing is pretty much a bushing is a bushing. NB bushing is fine. :)

1601 - 1619 of 1619 Posts