ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok fella's i wanna go the itb route but money is a problem! frankly dont have the funds for the fuji kit, sad..but i wanna know what i need to do my own itb, i will gather the parts i need and from my checks buy em lil by lil....so guys help me out here..thinkin of doing this before the summer, going to take a road trip up north, through P.C.H..

thanks for hearing me out...

·
Mufasa in Training
32,623 Posts
I think ElyasWolff put together a DIY setup before he sold it. Check for posts by him on Miata.net for starters.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Honda guys do it all the time with motorcycle throttles but they've got easy engine management options. Search both here and at Miata.net for my ideas on the subject of DIY IRTBs. I was thinking about going that route before Elyas did his thing but then Fuji started offering the OER throttles and I got too busy to do the fabrication at the machine shop.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no offense taken iWeasel410, at this moment i dont have the time to search and learn, not on a computer all the time, working a lot right now...so yeah but i will search maybe this weekend, if i get the chance? other than that, "freedomgli" and "bryan" thanks for the info on "elyaswolff"

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Frankly, trying to piece toegether a DIY kit (unless you score stupid cheap parts) will end up being more costly and time consuming than if you saved up and bought a kit.

Even my honda buddies using Toyota and CBR ITBs are spending months if not years piecing things together, and then having to custom fab EVERYTHING they can't buy. The biggest problem that plagued people for a while was a lack of runner manifolds, but those have started becoming available now so one of the main fabrication points has been taken out of the equation.

Don't get me wrong, if you wanna do a DIY setup, go for it. More power to ya. I'm just saying now, its going to take A LOT of time, A LOT of research, and more than likely considerably more $$$ in the long run.

If you're lucky you can find a DIY kit that someone started piecing together, but then lost interest and is now selling it at a loss.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
If you don't have the time to do some research on the computer before hand you don't have the time to fab up a custom IRTB kit. That simple.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i am thinking about the same thing. get gixxer itb's off ebay and put on megasquirt

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think ElyasWolff put together a DIY setup before he sold it. Check for posts by him on Miata.net for starters.
Indeed he did. And may he never get a speeding ticket,bless his GIFTED mofo mechanic DIY ways.

: )

No, they aint in yet. Gotta get MSquirtin first. Im close to havin that done and then on to the Elyas IRTB install.

91eunos, my 1st post ever in this section will get you Elyas Mnet link.

Best wishes to ya in making yourIRTB dreams come true. F the nay sayers. Go for it!

ZoomZoomZoom!

FH

·
3,857 Posts
I agree if want to do it go for it...
On the other hand you might get there faster if you work a bit more overtime and buy a ready solution :)
time=money

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good news, working two jobs now,...so itb's are in near future....give or take fall of '07 i hope, just paid last c.c. bill., damn it! but again thanks to all how have giving me props n to the nay sayers, its all good! no harm no foul!

keep it sideways!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bryantaylor,

Are you gonna do it??? How are you gonna bolt the TBs to the miata head? I'm interested. But i'm on the same boat as some of the guys. I don't have all the money to dump.

·
Registered
212 Posts
havent got much further, im broke, lol

but i bought a stock intake manifold, and i cut it in half. im just going to use couplers to connect the bodies to the half intake mani. use the stock fuel rail on the half intake mani, then just put on the megasquirt. should be right at $400 in it when im done

·
Registered
18 Posts
WOW!! That's really good. Why don't you make a write up and take some pics so we can all see, and then clone your invention :p

·
Registered
78 Posts
havent got much further, im broke, lol

but i bought a stock intake manifold, and i cut it in half. im just going to use couplers to connect the bodies to the half intake mani. use the stock fuel rail on the half intake mani, then just put on the megasquirt. should be right at $400 in it when im done
Dont 240 guys do that with KA24DE's? Anymore info? Will it work?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I know 1 person who put gsxr1000 tb's on a KA, hes a smart guy who can fab really good and it still was a bitch... but with research and patience its totally possible

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Honda guys do it all the time with motorcycle throttles but they've got easy engine management options. Search both here and at Miata.net for my ideas on the subject of DIY IRTBs. I was thinking about going that route before Elyas did his thing but then Fuji started offering the OER throttles and I got too busy to do the fabrication at the machine shop.
I've seen a few guys in the Neon community make custom ITB's using bike throttles. I think they need to run MS when they do though. I could be wrong. (caldera correct me?)

Sounds like you are on the right track!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts