ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
wow
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
well, waiting for funds to roll in, i figure i would do something "free" per se.

I reworked the entire 5.3 wiring harness. HUGE thanks to lt1swap.com. This website has EVERYTHING you need to know about the wiring aspect of these engines. Extremely helpful

With that being said, let us begin.

Tape, loom, and other crap pulled off

Harness laid out so i can actually see what im looking at to begin tracing wires.

Removed all of the stuff that will not be used such as emissions, GM A/C, auto trans, etc.

More garbage

finalized harness semi cleaned up

connectors and some wires all labeled up and ready to be tapped into where they need to go

The OEM mazda grommet that i plan to use to keep the engine bay clean

next up in the process of wiring, im going to plug in everything where it belongs and then cut and shorten the wires so everything is tight, clean, and oem looking; HOWEVER, i need to buy some stuff to accomplish this, so it will be awhile before thats done....... at least the hard part is over so i will not have to worry about it later on down the road.

·
wow
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry, I have been absent.

Got a new job and a mig welder, so now, we are back in business. Lol

Painted engine mounts and completely welded up subframe. Bracing is everything!:bang:

I will have the subframe bracing removed, welds ground down, and painted later on today.
Pics to follow

·
wow
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Because the subframe will collapse in on itself from the heat if you don't have it installed or set up on a jig

·
wow
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, it still managed to contract one inch in the back, so, I grabbed an old scissor jack, grabbed some angle iron, grabbed a propane torch..... welded the angle iron and scissor jack to the rear of the sub frame and spread it open to a little bit out from where I needed it due to spring back, heated up the corners and let it bake for 10 minutes. After giving that half an hour to cool, I cut the tack welds and released all the tension and it fit perfect.

Results:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Nice, your subframe mods look a lot like mine although slightly more extreme.
I hope mine won't pop too much once I cut off the bracing :p.

·
Registered
501 Posts

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
"wow", username checks out.

I love/hate seeing stuff like this, it makes me feel [even more] inadequate that I have never attempted to weld anything. Awesome fabrication skills.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts