ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars hardparked in the shop again so I figured its time for a build thread that no one but myself will look at. Little history on the car.

Car started life as a red 1990 NA. Somewhere around 2007 the owner decided it was time for a face lift. Was sent off to Donlyson Customs in LA to be made into a Trailer Queen (So Gay) for SEMA 08.

To make an entirely to long story short, The car ended up like sig pic.

Ill dig up some more pictures of its "Prime" when im on my other computer.

Anyways, about 2 ricer owners later, The car looked a little more like this when I picked it up for about 5 grand.

Still Eww. All body work no motor work worth mentioning. A train wreck of parts that look good on paper.

Thus began the epic De-Rice.

In January, I cracked the exhaust manifold, which led to the first tear down of the hot side.

At the time I just wanted it fixed so I re welded it and re ran the oil lines. A few more months of parts and DDing, it happened again. So here I am again tearing it all down. This time im doing it right and going through the car to get it closer to what I want it to be.

Spent the last few months stockpiling parts, money, and mostly ideas, so now its time to get to work.

Ill add more as I remember/get pictures.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Day 1 of the teardown involved taking off the exhaust, downpipe, turbo, intercooler, piping, AFM, ect. Got it all knocked out and started looking at what else I was going to do while I was in there. This is when It hit me to leave it in the garage for a month or so and do it all...

To Do list includes wire tuck, redoing all the air piping, cleaning/repainting the engine bay add an oil cooler, delete power steering, possible new intercooler, improve V-Mount, remove Greddy Rebic3 extra fuel injectors, remove anything I dont need Ect.

Other highlights are
MS3x
COPs
AFM Delete
Full Sequential
New Mirrors
New Downpipe
Clutch
Rearend

I have all the parts ordered but the Clutch and Rearend so far. Need to find a good TIG welder to do my downpipe and intercooler piping.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
style bar!

Yup, my fav part.

One of my ongoing projects I didnt mention is the cage I have half installed. Maybe ill finish it up if I have time. Bigger fish to fry ATM.

Heres a highlight reel of some things ive tinkered with since I got it but didnt mention.

Homebrew Turbo Rebuild

Gauge Cluster/Assorted parts

More Parts

MS3x

Initial Cage Fab

COPs stuff. Wiring harness/Homebrew Bracket

The $20 Exhaust

Completed MS

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And to get me caught up to today.

Gutted the interior and the trunk to delete some stupid audio equipment the POs installed.

You can be the judge if they did it right. ..

None of this was hooked up to anything.

FML. Gonna be a long project.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill get some Friday when the garage is open again. Unfortunatly being in the military and always on the go, I'm working 100% off my cell phone for pictures/ordering parts/posting. Go ahead and excuse me for gramatical errors or short posts..

I need to dig up my digital camera anyways to use the memory card for data logging.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did lots of parts ordering last night/this morning. Most of the stuff should be here next week.

Innovative LC1 WBO2
Shifter rebuild parts
Vacuum manifold
Vacuum line
Titanium coolant res
Power steering delete plugs
Fuel injector seal kit
The Rev9 push button starter

Things I still need to get are
TB gasket
Exhaust mani gasket
New intercooler/piping/clamps
Flywheel and clutch
Amp for removing head unit
Radio blanking plate
New downpipe
Oil cooler

I think I'm gonna try out the F1 racing chromolly flywheel. Can't beat the price. I'm not sure yet on the clutch tho. Maybe a 6 puck ACT or something. Also not sure on the intercooler wether or not to keep the air to air, or put in an air to water. Decisions decisions...

Hopefully get all of that picked up this weekend so I can hit the ground running after the 4th.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Is that hole in the hood there for the BOV to go "SSSSHHH!!!" out of?

lulz
That would fall under the epic rice portion of the story.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Still waiting on overnight parts from Japan. . .Updates later this week.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Just a note of warning. The turndown tip right under the car like that will cause your gas tank to heat up and produce a lot of vapor pressure. If you happen to be stuck in traffic or let the tank get pretty low before a fillup, you'll have outgassing for upwards of a minute when you take the cap off.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Noted on the vapor deal. That exhaust was far from permanent. More of a time killer on a boring Sunday. Biggest pain in the ass was hot feet.

I'm. Still trying to source a fabricator for all the piping in the car. Hopefully ill get the manifold dropped off at the welder to get some re engineering of the EWG runner this week.

After reading some other build threads, I'm feeling really motivated to seam weld the car, so Friday when the garage is back open ill go in and finish gutting the interior and start preppping for that.

Hopefully ill get my jeeps sold about when this is done so I can start a 5.0 build of my own miatadam. Had that on my bucketlist for a few months.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts