ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do something like this.

Does anyone know of any that will bolt up to the Miata without modification or atleat will cover up the existing holes? I have a 95 with power mirrors.

Cost is an issue to or I'd just buy some Runabouts.

·
Registered
765 Posts
You have to fabricate mounting plates for those type mirrors to bolt to a Miata. There are some aftermarket Talbot style mirrors that have a slightly larger base which might be beneficial as well.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Peter had a set (Blue 'Tater) and had to drill one new hole.

I don't think that making a mounting plate would work, unless its a THICK mounting block. You need room to bolt the mirror mount plate to the mounting block without having the nut touch the body. Also the base may not be wide enough to cover the hole for the power mirror wiring harness.

Or go with a single post mirror and make a plate like I did (or buy a set from me).

Here's a shot of my door showing the three holes.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Actually a mounting plate does work. A good friend made a set for his car so that no holes or alterations need be made to the door.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I made a hybrid out of a set of adjustable 2 piece talbot copies and the oem mirror mount. I'll try and find pics.

http://jazz.sdsc.edu/miscimages/Tmirror2.JPG

kist dismantled the oem mirror and removed the top of the bullet and mounted it up. added a rubber grommet to the mount because it was vibrating loose and not staying put.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 9 of 9 Posts